Mental Health Forums

New to the forum

ScotsLady

Hi Everyone,

I came across this website and forum by chance and thought I would join as in another couple of forums already and I guess it doesn't do any harm to join another one.

I care for my husband who has Mixed Personality Disorder, is emotionally unstable and has OCD.  He was diagnosed about a year and a half ago, but doesn't want any support from CMHT.  I have my own health issues as I have Spina Bifida so in turn, my husband cares for me also.  My husband struggles a lot with controlling his emotions and rage and has lots of social phobias also which means he doesn't leave the house.  He is very lonely too as his relatives don't bother with him and he doesn't have any friends.  So has just got me and our cat for company.  Life can be quite rocky at times as he battles with his emotions, but I try to support my husband as best I can.

Just looking to speak to other carers of loved ones with mental health issues, especially ones with Personality Disorders, for support/advice/general chat.  Thanks for letting me join and for reading.  :)

Welcome ScotsLady, As you may of already guessed this site is very quiet these days, So if you do post it may take a while for someone to get back to you, So do not feel too dishearten by that, I for one do not come on a lot these days but I try and pop on as often as I remember too... 

• 1 month later...

Hi

I replied but may not have submitted correctly! I’d love to chat/share/ catch up as my husband also struggles with his emotions daily.

Hi,

Im new and seeking similar people with partners with diagnosed/suspected BPD.

My husband suffered trauma from very early age but has learnt quite impressively to control his own anger on a day to day basis. Our relationship runs along the lines of a rollercoaster with regular crises which I have learnt to recognise and I try to deal with as best I can with boundaries and active listening to the fullest of my ability.

We are in lockdown and the crises are more frequent with shorter breaks in between...it’s pretty much every 2 weeks or so rather than the usual 3 months. This is unsurprising without the distractions of work and everyday routines.

i just wonder if anyone else would like to share everyday thoughts and frustrations in the absence of our usual friendship networks as I don’t like to share my side of feelings with him around on the phone to my friends as that’s my time and opportunity to distress/ unwind.

hopeful,

Sa1

• 2 months later...

Hi I’m new too with a partner who has unstable emotional personality disorder. Life is very tough right now. We both work and have 3 kids. I’m often the verbal punch bag and it’s now daily , often asking me to leave, telling me it’s over, blocking etc then 30seconds later please don’t leave me. 
I find it exhausting and very hard because I love them unconditionally but at the same time have no one to talk too, friends tell me to leave but I know that’s not the answer. 
it would be good to hear from others in the same situation

This forum is dedicated with actual sufferers of mental illness. It is has not bee set up for partners, parents and caregivers. It is a peer support forum only. If you are looking for support for your loved one, there are other forums that are equipped for this.

• 2 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 7:16 PM, ScotsLady said:

Hi Everyone,

I came across this website and forum by chance and thought I would join as in another couple of forums already and I guess it doesn't do any harm to join another one.

I care for my husband who has Mixed Personality Disorder, is emotionally unstable and has OCD.  He was diagnosed about a year and a half ago, but doesn't want any support from CMHT.  I have my own health issues as I have Spina Bifida so in turn, my husband cares for me also.  My husband struggles a lot with controlling his emotions and rage and has lots of social phobias also which means he doesn't leave the house.  He is very lonely too as his relatives don't bother with him and he doesn't have any friends.  So has just got me and our cat for company.  Life can be quite rocky at times as he battles with his emotions, but I try to support my husband as best I can.

Just looking to speak to other carers of loved ones with mental health issues, especially ones with Personality Disorders, for support/advice/general chat.  Thanks for letting me join and for reading.  :)

Hi I am a carer for my daughter who bpd

At the moment she has been in bed for over 4 months due to a complete crisis

I can relate to the helplessness and exhaustion you go through

Archived