Mental Health Forums

Newbie who comes in piece.

Durir

Hi everyone,

First off my name is Adam and I live in Hampshire. I recently got told that I have EUPD. After years of seeing medical professionals and doctors (since my teenage days a long time ago) if is good to finally have a direction. It is just a shame that a crisis team came up with t when I had a total breakdown last February. 

I am trying really hard to work out EUPD but at the moment I am still coming to terms with. I came on here to talk with other people who have the same problems. Like so many other people with this problem I do feel very lonely and isolated. I am hoping that like minded people will understand that.

I see that this forum is very quiet these days so I am hoping I can add some conversation And bring up different topics over time. 

please do drop me a line to say hi and get chatting. It is the very first step to helping each other in the very hard world.

• 4 months later...

Hi Adam,

I just joined this forum myself. I see that your message was posted in October 2020 and since it’s so quiet here I decided to reply anyway in hope to start conversation. 

I just got diagnosed with EUPD. Finally I got an answer to why I am the way I am, the more I read about this illness the more it makes sense to me. I was diagnosed by GP with depression, but I always felt that there is more unanswered symptoms which made me very confused and without a clue or a slightest idea or direction of where I can look for answers.

I had separation anxiety since I was 6 years old and then depression followed up when I was 13 years old. In my original country mental health wasn’t acknowledged or dealt with at all. So first time I received help when I moved to Ireland at 19 years of age. Since then it is constant battle, I’ve done CBT which helped, but then because of my own stupidity I stopped my meds and few years later I plunged deep into depression again. I’m back On lexipro 20mg for last 2 years and tried psychotherapy which was helpful, but even with all this help I started to get worst. 

Anyway I got to see psychiatrist and finally got my diagnosis, we will switch meds to Zoloft and start CBT until I become well enough to dive into psychotherapy since it’s very intense and requires to deal with past trauma.

So, this is my story. Peeps please try and engage so we can build up a support group here! Peace and know that bad feelings will pass.

A

Hello Duir and Princess Peach,

Nice posts both of you :rolleyes:. With my dx I have always struggled to believe this is me, and started down the mental road of, I am my dx, which just isn't the case by the way. Somedays, I still struggle with believing that MH means I have some limitations that I need to pay loving attention to. I have been through CBT and DBT which helped me a lot, It was a real commitment, I still have to brush up. Which is part of why I loom the empty halls of the site, to remind myself and post when I can.

I know receiving a dx can be a confusing time, one of learning and one of acceptance to personal limitations and responsibility, I think that is really why this site was originally set up.

Sah

p.s. welcom to the site Princess Peach

Hello Sah!

Thank you for responding. Such a nice feeling even if just one person replied

How old are you and where are you from? You don’t have to answer. I’m 31 and I live in Dublin, I am lucky enough to be in a fulfilling and happy relationship with my husband for last 12 years, he is my rock, he didn’t gave up on me even then I was suicidal. I feel so much guilt for putting him through all the hardship, but that’s just one of the symptoms talking. He hates then I apologise for times when I am angry, irritated, depressed. He is the best thing that happened to me after all the abuse, abandonment and exploitation I experienced between 8-20 years of my life.

If you could share your story with us I would appreciate it a lot. I would like to know how this illness manifest in other people? And how you’ve dealt with it through out your life?

Everyone more than welcome to share tips on how to help yourself’s during hard times, or struggles in work or relationships, etc.? What triggers have you acknowledged so far? Everyone is so different but there are chances to find even one small familiarity which can help.

A

Archived