Mental Health Forums

medication question

shiney35

I think that this would be a good question for your doctor. There are location differences, and name differences of meds that we need to address in this forum. Hence it would be easier to ask your doc. Best of luck.

Sandra

ok lets say in the uk. i have to wait three months to see my doctor and i wouldnt get an appt for just a question, but if anyone knows roughly or in general it would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Mirtazapine is a drug (anti-depressant) that is an old one used to help in the treatment of anxiety- also largactil (chlorpromazine) which is an anti-psychotic, for the treatment of psychosis or paranoia. These are two that I find quite effective.

Hope this has been helpful - there are others but a look at a pharmaceutical site may help further...

Ginny

:)

These are just guidlines, please ask your doctor for medication advice

I have forgotten how the British system works, can you not just call and ask a question? If not from your shrink, maybe you can ask your GP. Just a thought. The website I use for meds is www.mayoclinic.com. I do think its OK to discuss meds in general terms, how it helped you etc, just no advice.

it Is an anti psycotic but as with any medication it depends on the person, whats the worst that can happen give it ago, at best you will feel much calmer,

Hiya!

wish i knew bout medication to stop paranoid thoughts- i keep thinking my medical team are watching me etc even when i'm at home, and get really paranoid they given me fake meds etc. i got diazepam for anxiety etc, also on anti-depresents and now sleeping tablets, as without em i only get 2 hours a night- went on for 2 months of hell! I'm seeing a new psych in 3 weeks so hopefully will get update on meds then

take care

kitty xx

Archived