Mental Health Forums

Mirtazepine

sunshine_bear

Ok, so the first few days I pretty much slept on this. But it just doesnt seem to be helping at all. I am not even sleeping well on it now something which my doctor told me I would be.

I dont know what to do with it, cant help thinking whats the point in taking it if it is not doing anything

I have to say that the only thing this drug did for me was make me sleep....and take all my energy and make me hungry...well I blame the drug, but, I may be wrong.

It knocked me out when I first started on it too. Give it some time, it may get better, some people do well on it.

Take care, Jane x

Hey

I have had my dose upped to 30mg so lets cross fingers and see if it helps now it has been upped. Also been given some diazepam to see if that helps my anxiety to.

sunshinex

I know that we all react differently to these medications, but, the longer that I am off this tablet the worse I think it made me feel. Just keep a note of how you are feeling...it might help you track if it is making you worse or not. I felt very suicidal on this drug (I was on 30mg) but you can never tell if it is the drug or the mood.

Anyway, take care and I do wish you every luck with this medication, I hope it helps you, I really do.

Jane x

• 2 months later...

i had a real bad manic episode when i was on this drug. I'm never touching it again. However a lot of people find it really helps, so don't just go on my opinion.

i start this drug today!

i have read alot on it and found alot of ppl sleep much of the first few days on it but i have to go to the day hosp tomo and propably sunday too so i hope it doesnt react to bad wiv me.

i had a real bad manic episode when i was on this drug. I'm never touching it again. However a lot of people find it really helps, so don't just go on my opinion.

me too. Cant say absolutely that it was the fault of the mirtazapine but all the evidence points that way, shrink agrees, wont prescribe that class of drug for me again, apparently this effect is quite well known for some patients

rebeccaborderline

Archived