Mental Health Forums

Seroquel

seafree

Just started on seroquel. Does this have immediate effect? Its knocked me flat on my arse. oH well, at least ive calmed the fuck down excuse my language!

Anyone else on it?

It takes about two weeks to start working, also in those two weeks you might have some side effects but they usually pass within a week or so when your body gets used to the meds, so hang in there if you can. If you have serious side effects though always contact your doctor.

Lilly

hi, ive been on seroquel for couple of years now, im blaming that for my weight gain, gone from size 8-10 to size 14-16!! but i do need to take them , dolly

seros work well for me, i couldnt tolerate respiridone cos i got breast milk, but i dont get side effects from seroquells.. theyre great for anxiety and sleep. bluebell x

Thanks so much for your replies. I took two earlier (as i've been directed to take 2 twice a day) and after i posted i could barely move! I just laid there for about 5 hours staring at my wall lol, felt nothing, my mind wasn't racing, just in an utter state of bleeuurrghhh a bit like being ridiculously stoned.

I really don't think i need something this strong apart from in hysterical moments- they could come in handy then!

I'm so bitter towards taking something which alters the chemicals in my brain to such an extent. Why can't i just be me? With some human support? Why do they have to drug me up...grr

That feeling of being stoned might pass once your body gets used to these meds.

Also did you take two at the same time?? Arent you meant to take one in the morning and one at night??

I know its not nice to need meds. But sometimes thats just it, we need them. I know I cant function half as good without them. You can also look at it another way you are lucky these meds are avialeble for you. To help you.

Lilly

You've got a point Lilly- i am lucky they are available to help me.

Bluebellgirl, i've been directed to take two tablets twice a day. They are 25mg tablets so i guess 100mg a day. I only took them yesterday mid afternoon as it was the first day on them and i was curious as to see what they'd do. However, i'll certainly be leaving them till bedtime today lol.

xx

You've got a point Lilly- i am lucky they are available to help me.

Bluebellgirl, i've been directed to take two tablets twice a day. They are 25mg tablets so i guess 100mg a day. I only took them yesterday mid afternoon as it was the first day on them and i was curious as to see what they'd do. However, i'll certainly be leaving them till bedtime today lol.

xx

hi jess.. i only take mine at night unless im having a bad day then i take a couple and go to bed!

the dose you're on is pretty low... you should get used to it quite quick. hugs, blue x

I know this is naughty but im starting to quite like these pills ;)

I am only taking what i've been told to take each day, but yesterday i was in the car with 2 'friends' and getting rather hysterical so i was oop pop a pill. Bam. Jelly-fied. Lovely and calm.

I really hope i dont get tolerent to them :) I can sleep now!

seros work well for me, i couldnt tolerate respiridone cos i got breast milk, but i dont get side effects from seroquells.. theyre great for anxiety and sleep. bluebell x

i could do with some of them if they help you sllep...

Archived