Mental Health Forums

Internet Related Stress.

PeeturDCF

Hi. My name is Peter. I am 22 and I live in Scotland. :)

This is one hard to read story, so just try and follow best you can. It has been shortened so you may only read the important bits.

After I left school in 2002, I sort of just drifted into a period where I'd spend a lot of time online, because I don't really have any mates and no one seems to accept me. I never used to be that wired into the computer life. My Mum eventually got broadband, then of course there was the revelation that everyone knows as Bebo, YouTube, etc. However, I know you can enjoy YouTube without having to log in.

Anyway, around July of 2003, I joined forums related to a game called Resident Evil. Fans often will sign up to a community regarding something they like. Anyway, I got banned in next to no time for unfair reasons. I kind of acted like a newbie acts, and of course they were nasty pieces of work. I then got banned from a very similar forum, simply because someone told them to. This "friend" was someone I met on IMDb and he seemed okay then.

After I was banned from said forum, I became pally with someone called Lucky. She was an elder member of the same forums I had been kicked out from. A series of rather unfortunate events lead to me being banned by her too, which sparked off a hefty feud. Then people gave me grief on every single site related to Resident Evil. It eventually ended up I was banned on over a hundred unrelated forums, just because they had plastered all this rubbish about me and made out I was nuts.

Before I had a social worker, I would often spam (or not spam depending on how you see it) sob stories on other forums, and in one particular post, I mentioned I'd been fired from my job for assaulting a girl who rejected me. Of course, I can often be too open about my problems. But my cyber enemies often type my known names on Google and then find these very posts where I've mentioned things like being bullied, going to saunas, and then they just mock it.

I've been trying to close a lot of my accounts down. But a lot of administrators are being awkward and just ignoring my emails. So that means all the accounts I created could remain online forever more. What do you reckon I should do? I do have autism, after all. I often obsess over things like invisible mode, and I've tried to post a lot, in hopes that the article would disappear. However, it has got first place on Google.

I have no real advice here except to say that it seems you are making things worse for yourself by continuing to engage yourself in this whole mess.

Maybe you need to just leave the whole thing alone and maybe also you need some help in figuring out how this could happen, some professional help. I am not saying you are bad or did anything bad just that I get the impression that you without meaning to might have brought some of this onto yourself and so if you could figure that out you could learn how to deal with things like this differently.

Lilly

i am sorry that you have had so many problems with people over the internet, the anonymity that it provides can often make people easy targets for others i nthe thought that there are few recriminations. i would not, however think that it was a good idea to post the link here, just a personal opinion, i dont think i would like showing people that kind of thing.

all the best

xxx

Do you think taking a year away from the Internet might help to let everything else fade away? That article is still on the first page of Google, so that means people are gonna see it if they search for Grace Saunders.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to get the article deleted, since the airheads who control the site think they're above the law. Also, the more people refer back to it, the more it will be brought to the attention of others who had not previously known about it (assuming they don't go looking for Grace Saunders).

I'm not really that concerned about it anymore, because I know deep down they are being immature. But if people find it, that could spell extra trouble. My sister is due to give birth soon, so I kind of want to keep my promise this time and finally leave the BS in the past. Of course, I have been unable to let things go because of how dire the situation can become.

• 8 months later...

sry peetur the thread wont be deleted,

I am myself was a online gamer.

You reactivated this thread again due to i dont know why. Most online gaming community wouldn't bother in searching your name or anything. Just relaxe and forget. Noone knows me, unless i choose to say.

Its not ignorance or anything by people who own this website,u choosed to join, its not that easy to wipe out somone, it leads to then others wanting same. Get on with your life, forget being here, i don't care where you came from, or what you have done.

Take it easy.

the internet can be a wonderful thing, but it can also be a major problem, people can be completely honest without having to meet people face to face, but it can lead to people mis reading things and getting paranoid. all i can really say is, sorry you had a bad experience, but try on here to make this one a positive one, everyone is in the same sort of boat with regards to feelings and distress, take advantage of the support that can be offered here. good luck xx

• 5 months later...

Archived