Mental Health Forums

Procyclidine

Shelley

Some people apparently get high off of it. Having taken it 3 times a day I can say I only get scary side effects like blurred vision and a racing heart and hallucinations so I was moved back to just one 5mg tablet a day and I still get bloody blurred vision! I am not in the way of getting high from it. Apparently Cogentin (another Anti-Parkinsonism drug) is another one that is notoriously hard to get prescribed cos so many people abuse it recreationally

nuke x

• 3 weeks later...

I was prescribed procyclidine for the side effects of haloperidol ( constant twitching ) it did calm it down but i didnt feel comfortable being on a drug that needed another drug to calm me down x

Hi,

I've been taking procyclidine for years and didn't know you could get a "HIGH" from it?

I never new it was a drug that could be used for abuse i use it for haloperidol and use to for the chlorpromazine twitch.

You learn something new every day! and some concern!

Having been in mental hospitals with people trying to stop their drug abuse usually go on about my amount of diazepam and trazodone i had to take!

Well good luck i never really noticed the stuff doing anything to me, no side effects?

<MARC>

Archived