Mental Health Forums

Procyclidine!

Shelley

Oh no.............I like the way this drug makes me feel, but my GP said she would only prescribe a week's worth, so Im dreading running out, I have two days worth left.

Is it safe to get drugs off the internet, or should I just ask for more ?

If the symptoms return will they give you more? How do they expect a weeks worth to make a long-term difference? I wouldn't buy drugs off the internet but then I suffer with paranoia so perhaps ask someone else? xxx

hi,

It may be an addictive drug, thats why only given in short term. I would highly reccomend AGAINST buying on the internet, especially if this drug is addictive. i was given a drug in hospital, a fast acting anti-anxiety drug. made me feel fantastic, not a care in the world. They were known as the magic blue pills. I briefly considered buying them on the internet, but i know i wouldn't have been doing myself any favours. just causing myself more problems.

I would suggest you ask your doctor about them and see if they can prescribe more

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i definitely wouldnt but off the internet you dont know what you are getting,I like procyclidine too if i am honest but im not allowed it anymore, id speak to your gp about it if i were you. hope it goes ok

hi shelley,

i have not heard of it, but been a while since i was in danger of getting dystonia/akatasia with the meds i was on.

id ask the dr for more if you need it- as it stops akatasia -my worst nightmare.

can u buy it online? i just read about it that its use has been stopped in the usa. i used be given cogentin, a similar anticholinergic, but it was taken off the market in ireland in 05. a fellow patient used be fond of hers too on the ward when i was 'in', used to swap her for ciggies lol. ahh, the mad old days :)

its pretty ridiculous. they give out drugs ike candy and make one feel like an addict for getting a taste for some of them... thats my experience anyhow, and ive seen it happen to a lot of others from when i was in hospital a lot also.

of course ppl in pain - physical or psychic - are gonna take what they are given if it stops the pain and makes them feel better.

take care

anne marie x

A little bit of reverse psychology and manipulation on my part, and I got a repeat script for Procyclodine! :D (im just getting too good at this)

Thankyou absinthephrenz. D

They gave me the drug that caused akathesia, so it's only right they give me something to stop it.

Though my akathesia has got better, but like you said....best to have it in the medicine cabinet incase I get akathesia again. (or want a mild buzz) ;)

PLz don't buy any prescription drugs via the internet. U can never be sure that u're really getting the correct pills and there could be additives that make u even more addicted to this drug.

However, I don't really know why your doc would only prescribe u a week's worth. It's an anticholinergic drug. As far as I know, it is NOT physically addicting but you can OD on them. ODing on anticholinergic drugs is life threatening.

Let me explain: (Acetyl)cholin is the transmitter for your muscles -the bridge between nerve and muscle so to say-. If you take way too much of it APs (information) from your nervous system / brain no longer reaches the muscles. Unfortunately you're diaphragm and heart are muscles.......UNDERSTAND ^^?

Are you suicidal or in a really bad place?? Cos that's the only thing I can think of that makes your doc only hand out a week's worth.....I am not saying you're suicidal but maybe your doc is not feeling to comfortable handing you a load of pills.

PLz don't buy any prescription drugs via the internet. U can never be sure that u're really getting the correct pills and there could be additives that make u even more addicted to this drug.

However, I don't really know why your doc would only prescribe u a week's worth. It's an anticholinergic drug. As far as I know, it is NOT physically addicting but you can OD on them. ODing on anticholinergic drugs is life threatening.

Let me explain: (Acetyl)cholin is the transmitter for your muscles -the bridge between nerve and muscle so to say-. If you take way too much of it APs (information) from your nervous system / brain no longer reaches the muscles. Unfortunately you're diaphragm and heart are muscles.......UNDERSTAND ^^?

Are you suicidal or in a really bad place?? Cos that's the only thing I can think of that makes your doc only hand out a week's worth.....I am not saying you're suicidal but maybe your doc is not feeling to comfortable handing you a load of pills.

Thanks for the info. That's interesting! I am not suicidal at present.

All of my meds are prescribed for one week only, I usually get a few post dated ones, because of my OD'ing history.

Its been like that for years.

hiyaz shelley & sickk,

i have not od'ed in a year-it will be 2 in september,

i am given my psych med(s) weekly,

here in dublin it is common practise for the pdoc to write the script and the client to pick up tablets weekly.

this is done to curb the illegal flow of pills onto the black market , as well as stop impulsive ods.

i would get confused with a months worth of tablets- esp if i were on a few different types.

i looked it up- it can be addictive. my mums a pharmacist so i asked her about it. my dad was on it before he passed away in 07-he had parkinsons.

id eat cat shit to stop akatasia....

anne marie

Archived