Mental Health Forums

Coming Off Some Tablets

Roses

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things still going ok and am having noticably less seizures now so perhaps is to do with the tablets? We'll see, am also noticing I can eat and not put on pounds and pounds and pounds at a go. Hope you are all OK xxx

Thanks Sah. Had a bad couple of days Sat/Sun. Had 2 hour episode (but yay for being so short) on Sat and Sun avo/eve kept dropping off and then being fine but a bit confused (yay again no falling or dropping etc... and not for long periods) but that was my first since last Mon and that was only short too! I havn'e slept well over the weekend cos of some stress we are under too which I think is a direct relation to the episodes. But I am praying for a better week again this week. Love to you all, my mood is fine as well xxx

glad things is going well hun, and yes even for ur short episode babe.

Give u good wishes that it keeps going well. Remeber also even when u have blips its normal and ur kind of getting to know urself a bit more in what or how to handle things.

huggles my luv xx

It sounds like you have much more support in place this time around too. I can understand feeling stressed about the recent episode and worrying about the cause of it. Hopefully, it is the last of that.

love, Sah

Thank you both xxxxxxx

Apparently Sunday ended up in a full blown episode and I banged my head and arm but I'm fine. Nothing at all yesterday - yay! Thanks so much for the encouragement and support xxx

Had another good week. One episode Fri afternoon before Mike left but M-F before that fine and then Fri eve to now fine so far and having a lovely Mothers Day so far with breakfast in bed and a lovely pair of ear-rings from the shops and a home made card from Alora and she made me a broach in sewing group too. Also they both got me a shop card as well - I feel special and loved.

I tried to get the GP to cut my tablets to 2 x 250mg depakote now so I can cut down again after I come out of hospital on Friday but they won't do it without a letter from my consultant or me going to see my GP about it (at which point he will tell me to see my consultant) so am gonna have to do the chopping tablets up thing. I told them I had talked to CPN about it and they phoned her but that is not enough apparently. They want to waste NHS money giving me too many tablets every week. Idiots.

Hi all, just got back from 48 hours EEG and covered in glue although had hair washed and dried at salon a Hope. All went well they got a good reading of my brain and was told even though had no major fits whilst in there they can tell a lot from the readings and should help them make a decision. Also that the CT scan revealed that my brain was fine and fully recovered from head injury with no clots or bleeding etc.. so that has ruled out the head trauma. Tonight I am cutting from 500 - 250mg depakote so hoping my now much better symptoms, will continue to improve. xxx

Hi Roses,

Glad the meds reduction is going so well.

Your EEG and CT seemed to have been good.

have a reaxing evening.

Carol ((((((Roses)))))) xXx

Thanks Bones and Carol, I did have a relaxing evening and a lovely bath, it was lush. Last night I went from 500 - 250 depakote and have had no side effects at all today which is great. Plan is in couple of weeks will come off the last 250 and then I am down one med - woo hoo! I will stay like this for another couple of months before looking at the quetiapine though, at which stage I will go to GP for advice about it as I know cutting that down can be tricky. I don't want to come off the quetiapine entirely, just cut down my night time dose from 300 - 100 so I am taking 100 in morning and 100 at night and see how that goes. Or even 200 at night would be ok, I just don't want to end up on the currently increased 400 a day.

After he first day of being OK I had a few days of feeling kind of off balance and sick but I seem to have got through that now which is good, so all going well here. xxx

Thanks Carol, I have my balance back but am still feeling sick on and off. But I was sick for months when I first started them (along with hair falling out and stuff) so I am expecting that the lower I go the harsher the symptoms so a bit of sickness is OK. Thanks for your support. I am due the final reduction (to nothing!) on Monday. I want to do it over the Easer holidays whilst I don't have the school run to worry about and stuff, can just have a couple of PJ days to get over the worst :)

Oh Roses it is so lovely to hear you sounding so positive and so much better than you were. I'm glad this has worked out for you and long may it continue for you :) xx

Thank you so much Cat. It's amazing how I feel now the veil of fog has been lifted. I know there is the danger that my mood swings might get worse and I am struggling with my relationship with food right now, but I had put on about a stone and a half with these meds so I do need to lose weight anyway. So far (over last couple of months) I have lost 9 lbs! I am so excited by that as well. I'm driving toward the stone mark and I know when I hit that I will feel a massive sense of achievement and it will be nice to fit into my nice summer clothes again.

the silver lining for everyone about meds, is losing the weight. Congrats on that front and just good on you for handling your med taper so well. It really sound like you have been reaching out when you are needing help, that is nice to read.

Wow well done for losing the weight - it can be hard once you've been on a mood stabiliser to shift it again. I forgot to say that I used to take sodium valporate (mood stabiliser) quite a few years ago and I piled the weight on and after an initial lift for a week, I just went back downhill and like you felt numb and I was on venlafaxine at the time as well and the two of them just turned me into a body with no life in it so I can quite understand why you would want to come off the mood stabiliser.

Much love xx

Thanks so much Sah and Cat. Monday is my last reduction and then I'm going to wait on the rest of the meds I'm on until I see my consultant in August and talk to him then about reducing the quetiapine possibly. I don't know, I need to see how this pans out for a few months first but all looking good so far and thank you all so much for your support xxxxx

Archived