Mental Health Forums

Coming Off Some Tablets

Roses

Last night went really well, I didn't have any episodes or sleeps in the day and stayed up until about 11pm so when I took evening meds (minus the depakote) I slept through til 2am then until 4am and then until 6 before tossing and turning for the last hour - which is brilliant for me! I hope it continues. xxx

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you babe. Had another good day yesterday only out of it for about an hour (they seem to be getting shorter and less severe as well as less frequent) and I had another good sleep - yay! xxx

Thanks Cat :) No news about EEG yet, we are presuming it is going go to the consultant and then eventually we will get an appt with him to discuss it. Could take a while knowing NHS, hope you are well xxx

Still doing OK. My sleep pattern has been totally wrecked though (guess is DT's) and I have been suffering with really acute sleep depravation only managing an hour or 2 at a time so no blocks of sleep and more episodes in the day cos of the tiredness, but last night was better and I think that the sleep pattern will break now and I should get back to getting more sleep. Plus we've had Mike's Mam over Easter (Thurs until this morning) and change is never good even though I love her and wanted her to come and enjoy being with her, perhaps I should have waited to come off them when Easter and all that it ensues had gone but it''s done now and the future looks good. I feel ok, I have more emotions and am a bit more tearful but I need to learn to control them now I have them but having them in themselves is a release as I don't feel like I'm in a dream anymore. Hope this makes sense. Hope you are all ok xxx

Thanks Orange, hope you are having some brighter days too. I slept so well last night I woke up relieved and grateful as I have been praying to recover from the tablet reduction and it seems I am now and it's only been a week so that's good. xxx

that's really good news, and an incredibly encouraging story for those of us on lots of different meds all of which will have to be tapered off one day (maybe!)

Thanks Greenthing. I have been extra emotional and am trying my best to deal with my new found feelings again but on the whole it is a positive and empowering life decision. And thanks Carol, had another pretty good night sleep last night - woke up a lot but managed to stay dozing or in bed for most of night which is amazing. xxx

Archived