Mental Health Forums

Exciting News - Safe Place

Joshua

Just tried it, it seems great, little slow but hey ho. Thanks for making this, means i can keep a diary for my alcohol and all sorts of things.

xxx huggles to all

If I've fully understood this I'm sure this will be a great resource for people.

I feel like a complete shit doing this but I noticed a couple of errors and have been arguing with myself for a while over whether to tell you or not. I didn't know if you'd think I was being picky or pedantic but sometimes mistakes jump out at me, I put it down to being OCD, a teacher, and proof reader for documents for friends. I know it isn't my place to tell you but if I didn't tell you I wouldn't rest.I tried really hard and didn't include silly things like misplaced commas.

I had a look at putting it via the feedback button too but it was a tiny box and I didn't know if it went back to you or posted on the site..

I'm sorry, my ocd took over and I checked every page, I'm very sorry if i'm overstepping the mark, I just felt if it was me i'd want to know?

They're only little typos though.

• In the DBT sheet it says 'afriad' instead of 'afraid'
  • In the crisis plan 'dosen't instead of 'doesn't' and 'where things get to much' should be 'where things get too much'
  • In the diary area 'anniversary's' should be 'Anniversaries'
  • Also in the diary area: 'where you event' should be 'where your event'

• In finances, household expenses the popup on toiletries says 'appareil' instead of 'apparel'
  • On the popup for electricity it says approaximate instead of approximate
  • On the school meals one 'paked' instead of 'packed'
  • In support on the 'important' at the bottom 'recieved' instead of 'received'
  • In the user guide, in 'your commitment to us' number four; 'learn how to nderstand' instead of learn how to understand
  • In contacts (page 9) 'and asign a cathegory' instead of 'assign a category'
  • Same place 'proffesionals' instead of 'professionals'
  • On the first picture on dashboard the little bubble says 'blog enteries' instead of 'entries'

• On the dashboard 'contacts' bit, it says ': It shows your contacts here to and next to the top here are also the option print contacts'. I'm not sure but did you mean 'shows your contacts here too' and 'next to the top here is also the option to print contacts'?

• Under the first picture in crisis plan it says 'typing the boxes' instead of 'typing in the boxes'
  • Under diary it says 'dashboard youre' instead of 'dashboard you're'
  • It also says 'quickoverview of whats what' instead of 'quick overview of what's what'
  • On p 16 it says 'calender' instead of 'calendar'
  • On matchmates you have 'questionaire' instead of 'questionnaire'
  • Blog: 'your dashboard it will take to your blog entries which looks like this' instead of 'dashboard it will take you to your blog entries page which looks like this'

Well Icebaby what a star, I know who I'll contact if I am writing a letter. Amazing. :) (Please don't proof read my posts! :lol: )

I wrote most of the user guide;Im Dutch,English is only my second language.

Only your second! I think using 2 languages is an amazing feat, I only speak and write 1 language and I know I wouldn't have noticed most of those errors. :)

I proofread a lot of esl stuff for German Dutch and Greek online friends and I must say I would never have guessed it was your second language. You're very skilled.

• Like 1

Lmao dancing lights I wouldn't do it normally and make a fair few typos myself but I thought with it being such a big thing a new website… sorry if I offended you lily

• Like 1

I've been doing a spot of ironing and was thinking about this. Delicate subject in some ways but your intentions were good and helpful, we all know whoever wrote this they are small errors. The fact someone wrote this and it and is using a second language is amazing. I hope no one is upset as I think it is evident lots of work and love has gone in to all this (I'm vague as I don't really do computer things!) and it is nice someone spent the time tweaking a little. :)

Feedback always welcome, thanks for spending the time.

Obviously it doesent hinder the use of the system so we have put it into the list of non urgent work to be completed.

• Like 1

Obviously it doesent hinder the use of the system so we have put it into the list of non urgent work to be completed.

:lol:

You're very welcome

Bit of a worrie that you don't know anything about it Joshua. :confused02:

where does it ask for these?

http://www.mentalhea...dex.php?/store/

VIP Sponsor/Safe Place

Become a full sponsor! Full list of benifits can be found here

here

NOW INCLUDES FULL ACCESS TO SAFE PLACE.

Please note - to benefit from the full subscription benifits you must email us us here providing your Name, Address, Email, Date of Birth, Gender, Forum name, and that you paid through the forums.

Edited by skyhigh

I do know about it but im asking for your confirmation.

As both paypal and my own site will ask for this.

My site is asking for it so we can send you the free gifts (dvd's) that come with the vip subscription - you dont want the gifts, you dont need to provide your details.

Paypal ask for it due to security and fraud purposes.

Yes understand about Paypal got stung with the hack with PS3 all my personal details got taken and a bit paranoid about the police turning up at my door after saying something I should not lol thanks for the feed back Joshua.

Edited by skyhigh

Josh can you put a link to the dashboard on the forums here - you know where it has the links for crisis, support services etc on the right hand side? theres no link just for the dashboard xx