Mental Health Forums

Anyone Else Taking Lyrica?

Benway

Hi, I was prescribed this for the pain of me frozen shoulders, long story short psych prescribed it rather than g.p. even though it's prescribed for pain.

Anyhoo it's worked brilliantly for the pain (80% better) and helped with anxiety in what have been a very stressful few weeks after falling out permanently with a close long term friend.

The sting in the tail with Lyrica is that it makes me extremely stupid. My brain is gone to mush, I can't think of words, or jokes or stories and I feel dulll; dull dull.

Also I googled the side effects as one does, to find out that it affects your teeth after 5+ years on it. Yikes! People have lost all their teeth on this. I am paranoid about my teeth, and after neglecting them for a while I am now uber concious of them.

So I have decided to take it up to christmas then come off it over a few weeks in the New Year. It's amazing for pain and I need that now for physiotherapy. I am so forgetful on it too, I couldn't work with a brain like this.

Anyone here on Lyrica? Do you find it as good for anxiety too? Does it mess up your memory ? xx am

omg AM you have cleared a mistery for me lol i felt that i were going senile lol now it all fits ..... i take it for anx and its good but hey i need me brain now i know i will take it up with my doctor too thank you AM hun xox

I take it.... maybe thats why i failed my maths exam... Its hard for me to tell if it has affected my memory, coz my memory is awful anyway... its helped me massively with anxiety, a lifesaver... I'm currently titrating the dosage up, when it first goes up, it really numbs me out for first two days, then my body/brain seems to get used to it. What dose you on? I'm only on 100mg twice a day coz it can be bad for your kidneys, and mine already bad.

xx xx xx

Thanks for the replies ladies,

JB it's a bitch isn't it- it's great for anx, not a bloody benzo, but it makes one so forgetful. Glad you having a chat w your dr about it, glad I may have helped you :)

"I'm currently titrating the dosage up, when it first goes up, it really numbs me out for first two days, then my body/brain seems to get used to it" - Ditto Jinx. I'm on 150mg in 2 doses of 75. The first few days on it was weird, like i was on something - a mild E perhaps...then when dose went up again to current was a bit spacey/ numb for a few days., Hit me face off me kitchen presses and a few more mildly entertaining knocks and bangs into things , like i'm super- clumsy.

I think it works for anxiety because ya forget what you are anxious about :) Love and hugs both xx am

LOL thats exactly how i felt, clumsy on a mild E.. I was bumping into things and dropping stuff and then laughing out loud to myself... then later on pure numbness... weird stuff.

xx xx xx

Hi Justonemore, It def dosen't make me tired - It makes me do housework AND ENJOY IT!!!

That's another weird side-effect of Lyrica- I used get really anx about housework- my house was a bit of a mess for years, and i think the anx was from dealing with stuff i'd find when cleaning- like old photos, legal papers, reminders of the past.

Now it dosen't bother me at all. Friends call and say how well the house is looking.

Would you not try it for a little while?

Nice to see you anyhooo, take care xx a.m

• 3 months later...

I am on 600mg but I take it for pain. It makes me so hungry and not so much sleepy anymore! It helps with my anxiety so much :D

Archived