Mental Health Forums

Cpn

Jeckle88

Met my new CPN today. Not sure i like her... Shes a bit weird and mumbly... Maybe its just because im tired today. She seems helpful. And was good to get a few things off my chest. But i dont know if we "clicked"

Its only the first meeting though so i need to give her a chance. Shes going to put me forward for group therapy specifically for people who have difficulty regulating their emotions. Im looking forward to that, i want to get better. So thats a positive. Just hope i dont have to wait for forever to get it. I know these things can take time.

What sort of relationships do people here have with their CPNs?

Hi Jeckle,

I have a CPN and have only known her 2 months, She referred for me for long term therapy in which I only started last week.

When I first met her she was all talkative and I was in crisis I felt like telling her to just go away Lol.

I like mine now, she has helped me in getting this therapy (long term) I am also going to be doing group therapy too,

I think after a few visits see how things go with yours? Did she say how often she will visit you? xx

Hi Growly

Shes coming again on the 21st of Feb, she didnt say how often she would visit though. So im not sure if it will be frequent or not. I also dont know why shes visiting again, we spoke about everything yesterday, i guess its just a check up to make sure im coping and i havent sh again.

Its great you like your CPN now and that gives me some hope that mine will grow on me lol. Did you have to wait long for therapy?

Hi Jeckle,

I waited about 6 weeks for therapy but my CPN knows this therapist well and works with her and my therapist who I have just finished with pushed things through too, I think it depends how long the waiting list is and what kind of therapy you will be doing.

My CPN didn't say how long she would be visiting me either at first, It was my ex therapist that asked last week and my CPN said it was indefinitely or until I get fed up with her Lol. (she comes again tomorrow) Maybe ask her how long you will have to wait for therapy? xx

Hiya

You know, i was obviously tired yesterday because i didnt even take in the fact she said the therapy course is 12 weeks long, and if its started already ill have to wait for the next lot to start. So by that explanation i imagine the longest ill be waiting is 12 weeks... Im such a dope sometimes :wacko: lol

first meetings can be very hard. Sometimes first impressions are right, sometimes they aren't.

You don't know each other yet but as you get to know each other you will probably build a relationship together in a way that hopefully works for you.

First meetings are difficult, like you said you talked about pretty much everything so it probably wasn't like a normal meeting where you will talk about things in more detail and probably not mention everything. So that probably also made it feel a bit odd and when you are talking that much its very difficult for you to take in everything you've been told which is probably why you forgot the 12 week thing.

Being tired can make a bit difference, if someone mumbles at me and I'm tired I'm less likely to try and work out what she said or ask her to repeat it. But maybe she was tired too, maybe thats why she was mumbly.

I think your atitude is good tho. You are admitting there are problems which is good because you have learnt something from the meeting, its better to notice problems and try to work through them than to pretend they aren't there. But at the same time you are going to give her another go with an open mind which is also good :)

thanks for replying emma :)

youve made a good point, the more we see each other, hopefully the more ill start to like her. its not exactly that she was horrible, i see her intentions are good, i just think i expected a more "clinical" person. hopefully next time we meet i wont be so tired and a bit more with it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived