Mental Health Forums

Prozac Info

chorse_70

I'm on 20 mg Citalopram right now and my Psych told me either he can up my dosage or switch me to 20 mg Prozac. So who's on Prozac or has been? Tell me side effects does it help anything else you can think of. Does it make you tired? Any info would be appreciated.

I just restarted Prozac. At first it seemed to cause headaches, but I think that's getting better now. I don't think it's causing fatigue. I'm not sure if it's affecting my ability to think clearly. Overall, I think it's helping. Good luck.

I tried it once for about 3 months years and years ago... I don't remember much. I think it made me lack energy. I seem to remember it numbed me.. made me lack motivation. I think I started to gain a bit of weight on it. I don't do well on anti D's.

citalopram worked quite well for me as an AD, but it did affect my sleep

prozac didnt do shit for me and i hated it

so even though they are of the same family it doesnt necessarily mean they will both work for you it isnt as easy as that.

as far as i remember, 20mg of cital is a low dose, may even be the dose i started on. so i dont really get why he is suggesting a switch in ad rather than a simple up-dose which is what i think most doctors would do without really thinking about it as long as

1. the AD is working for you (or was until you became tolerant) and

2. you are not already on the max dose

my personal advice to you is that if you have no adverse side effects from the cital and it has been working well for you as an AD up to the point you became tolerant to it then i would go for the increase in dose rather than switch to a new AD which could not work or give you side effects and then you would be back to square one.

i cant help wondering if he is getting a kick back from prozac or there is some other financial or other gain to him, and that is why he wants to switch you, but that's probably just me being cynical...

Villan I don't think you're over thinking things at all. A lot of Psych's do that crap and want to put you on something they get a perk from. He did offer to up my dosage on Citalopram to 30 mg.

I was on Prozac a few years ago. I took it for 2 years, I didn't have any nasty side effects from it apart loss of interest in sex. xxx

Archived