Mental Health Forums

Paroxetine Side Effects

Cally

I've been put on paroxetine, only taken two doses so far but they've hit me pretty hard. Headaches, shaky, dizzy, waves of nausea. My eyes have gone like saucers - massive pupils even in quite bright light. They're reacting to light changes fine but I look high as a kite... Is this one of the side effects that will go away after a while?

This is the brand name of the cito stuff? If so then yes most likely these effects including the high feeling will pass.

I don't think it's a brand name. According to Wiki the brand names for it include Aropax, Paxil, Pexeva, Seroxat and Sereupin.

Don't feel high, just my eyes look like I am. It's really creepy :crying: Don't want freaky looking eyes for the entire time I'm on these

EDIT: No worries about the confusion. Yeah it's an SSRI :)

Just had a proper look at the list of side effects on the leaflet that came with it, dilated pupils is listed as 'uncommon'. Doesn't say if it's something that will fade. Might ring the docs on Tuesday.

I can only imagine!

With nausea fresh air always helps me a little and sucking on a mint or something.

Hope it passes soon!

Feeling a little bit better today, only had a few waves of nausea, only a teeny headache and my pupils are starting to get back to normal.

Will try the mints and fresh air though, thanks :)

Side effects are definitely wearing off. Thank god! Haven't tried to go out or anything yet so I don't really know how much of an effect they've had on the anxiety. Will try once I feel OK on them, physically I mean.

Archived