Mental Health Forums

Difficult Doctors Trip

imdebbiem

Just got back from my fortnightly trip to see my GP.

GP was asking so many questions.

It all hurts to much to talk about, too confusing for me. I can't cope with everything and everybody and also find energy to heal myself. But I don't want to confront the situation, its going to be to hurtful, I don't feel strong...I'm content with living in my daydreams right now.

Any ways GP has altered my meds again, hes upped the citalopram, lowered the trazodone and prescribed temazepam.

Slightly worried about the latter as I have had problems with diazepam in the past, its difficult to live without once you have it.

Wow... GPs in the UK sure get to do a lot of work that Psychiatrists should be doing don't they?! My GP won't even touch it anymore. Maybe for others who have milder issues.. but he won't for me.

A definite WTF with the Benzos there.... I agree - he should've found an alternative to those. I think you should explore something else. Do you really want to go through a Benzo addiction again? I'm fighting a Z-drug addiction which is bad enough.

Benzos are SO bad for you... Z-drugs aren't much better.

I know, after many years of searching I have finally found a GP who will actually talk to me and try and work with me, makes a nice change from the doc's that just tell you to fill in a questionnaire.

I don't know about the temazepam, I haven't collected the prescription from the pharmacy yet...will have to think about it.

Archived