Mental Health Forums

What Treatment Do I Need Should I B Asking For A Diagnoses

kalsweet

hi im wondering if anyone knows the best way i can get help. i recently talked to my doctor about how I've been suffering he referred me for an assessment by healthy minds its all changed since i lat went gore help just over 2 years ago. i have the appointment tomorrow and im feeling really stressed about it i don't know what to do to make sure i get what i need finally. I've never been diagnosed apart from an initial diagnoses 15yrs ago now which wad ptsd and depression the psychiatrist did not knowledge my anxiety problems at the time and gave me med and referred me to a not very helpful therapist. the last treatment i had i had to fight for after hearing hoe effective it was cbt which at first was told i wasn't sick enough despite my having been unemployed for years due to the problem i kept fighting for yearsvuntil i finally got the referral only to have the therapist walk out if her job one session in they didn't offer me anything else in fact i was told that due to my partners redundancy he would b around to help so i didn't needvthem anymore grrr! im scared really scared that im not going yo b helpedvall over again and im wondering what on earth can i do, what cam i expect and how do i fight back if they are disappointing again. im even wondering not what treatment i need do i still have ptsd noone has ever wanted to offer me this information im wondering if my problems more serious and relates to a more serious mh disorder i just don't know and i honestly don't know if i should b fighting gore this information now?

Hiya, you sound very anxious about your appointment tomorrow.

If I were you I'd write a list of things you want to say , and the things you want to know- like your possible diagnosis - and bring it with you. Just bullet points.

Good luck with it, I don't know what exactly "healthy minds' is but it I hope it helps you out. Best wishes, xx kitteh

thank you. i am its weird i have never been this bothered about it in the past but bad experience and concern about how low I've been feeling is really causing me to stress out about this. it prob sounds weird but i feel too fragile already and these appointments are always exhausting andvupsetting i dont want to feel worse than already do and have the disappointment of not getting adequate treatment all over again. it really freaking me out about it feel so stupid.

Hi, I guess you have to go thru the hassle & stress of appts to get the help you want tho,

I relate, I have panikers still going to appts. Good luck today anyway, it'll be worth it

Don't forget to come back & tell how you got on? xx kitteh

thank you. it wasn't great but a start. im being offered cbt and emdr therapy but i can only get this for a max of 16 weeks. i dont think this is enough, i really think i need to go back to my doctor and ask for more im just not copying anymore and have these relapses all the time i just want to be ok! but the therapist is thinkingvthis will help me so i want to try it but i donts want to be cut off at the end if its not enough or not helped fully. she wasn't sure if i am strong enough right now for what's she's offering so going back in two weeks to discuss it more. i just dont know so confused right now and very tired its really draining havingvtovtalk about what happened. sorry for rant and thanks forvtalkingvto me really appreciate it x

why noit wait and see in 16 weeks and then see what you need. if you go in there expecting it not to work then it definately won't work.

im not expecting it to not work its more am i stable enough right now to go through emdr which is regressive and cbt which is extremely demanding. im concerned that they will consider that is all i need or that im am not cooperating which i am but im afraid after being let down by the nhs in thevpast. ivecsuffered 15 years ofvdebilitateing anxiety only one diagnoses and repeated trips back to thecdoctor askingvfor help to be told im not sink enough but its left me unemployed throughout I've pointed this out over and over again to only then be offered prozac or equivalent which is not the solution! im confused about how to go forward but i am moving at least im not just giving up anymore but this is extremely hard right now. ive joined this forum hoping that someone may understand this

I've been fighting for a future all this time i went back to college twice got ready to do my degree but i keep relapsing i can't do anythimg right now I've lost the ability to be independent almost completely i can't go on like this but i also cannot go through letcdowns we can't afford privatevtreatment i have no choice but to pursue this this way. i want there help im concerned that that help will justvstop and expect me to just be ok after this seems very unlikely. does anyone know about these therapies and how effectivevthey are for longvterm illness?

Archived