Mental Health Forums

Meds Again

pepsimeg

Hmmm i hate meds all kinds not just m.h stuff.

I always try my best to not take any.

I thought i was being so great not needing anything for depression / anxiety again..

Well serves me right. Who was i kidding anyway ?

A gp told me a year ago that she thought it was best i stayed on meds for depression permanently and just stay on a matenance dose once i felt ok as i have been on and off them most my life. Well me being me didnt want this. So as soon as i felt better i reduced the meds and stopped them even sooner than i was advised. Yeah i guess i had a big head...haha look at me i dont need them. When will i ever learn ? This was 6mnths ago.

But i know i do. Ive been shit. Horrible to eveeyone. Snappy. Angry moody. Touchy yeah i recognise the early signs of stress depression. I know its only time before i snap and im withdrawn uptight on edge hypervigilant hyper sensitive to noises etc etc.

Oh blah blah why am i going on about it ?

But guess i need to accept once and for all that i have to do waht the dr says. But why cant i. I dont kniw. Anyway back to dr this week with my tail between my legs. Trouble is it is my dr and i dont like him hes smug and will take delight in saying we told you so.

Emogirl you sound just like me, i hate meds and hate taking them, then i start them then i stop them, people get so frustrated at me, i am so scared of meds and the side effects they dont seem to get that. I think its good you can recognise the way its going to go for you and you know what you need to do, dont worry about your smug doctor if the meds help who cares if he was right or not its you who is deciding to go back on them and its a good thing. Hugs to you xx

Don't worry about your doc, at least you know what he'll probably say. Just do what you feel is best for you and that's it. Big friendly hugs. I know how the desire to not take any meds can creep in sometimes.

Archived