Mental Health Forums

The Big C Word...

Dice

Yes that's right it is CHRISTMAS!!!...

Now we always see things about it, Whether on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, TV ect ect ect... Some people hate it, Some love it and others aren't fussed either way...

They're many reasons for someone who may love it or hate it... I do understand that many people are alone on Christmas and do not have others around them and struggle more because of what this time of year is made into...

I myself have been alone on Christmas and know how it does feel; So I wanted to make this post ( Yes okay it's not even December yet, I'm a little excited today for Christmas... ) For anyone who maybe alone or not, For all; If you wish...

To just say what you may be doing, How you are feeling coming up to it, Is there anything you're looking forward to or not, Would you want to be able to talk to someone on the day/evening on the day, I do not know what else to say here ha :/... I do not know I'm making too much sense either...

I feel at times maybe some get " scared " To say too much about Christmas if they're looking forward to it because they do not want to make someone whom isn't looking forward to it, Reminding them it's getting closer... We need to respect everyone is different BUT it does not mean we cannot share the same post and be there for one another, Good or bad...

Do they not say; We should equal out a negative with a positive??? Or have I made that up hahaha...

Whether or not this gets replies or ignored, As long as people know, If you're alone on Christmas Day and do come on here, And want someone to talk to about anything in this world, My inbox will be there for you as I will make sure I come on here, Whether in the morning or evening or both; I keep that promise... If you want to use it then use it!!!...

Thanks for this post Dice. I think it's brilliant. I am feeling a bit excited about christmas after a couple of miserable ones in a row. I am glad you've offered to be here for members who may be alone on christmas. Thats so kind. X

Dice...I am smiling because I assumed from the title you meant the other word! :)

Too much fuss for my liking... I try and ignore all the consumerism and attend church

Steve

dear dice

we hope that you will get some good times this christmas

we are already stressing, making things for family/friend

trying to make decisions - endless decisions - about what to buy, where to buy it, how to decorate, when, what, dah dah dah

but it is pulling us back from each mini crisis we have - as we have so much crochet to get done

2 years ago we were in psych hosp - it was surreal - going out to shops, everyone so busy, and we had nothing to do, no cooking, no shopping, no nothing, - it was the saddest time, standing watching a busy expectant world rush past us, feeling so utterly lost

we miss having our 'home'

we miss having somewhere we could all be together

our CC said Christmas is very seldom simply 'happy' or like the films - we know that on one level - yet it doesn't stop us yearning for it, year on year

Hi all of you! I'll have the chance to be with my family on Christmas Day but I always have a thought for those who are alone and who may not enjoy this time of the year as much as I do. Will try to come on here a few hours so if anyone wants a chat know that my PM box is open. I ordered presents for my loved ones online today but had not enough money on the account to buy for everyone, will have to order the last ones a bit later. It's always a bit puzzling to know what to buy for each person. We ask ourselves if they'll like it or not and really we can't know until they have it in their hands. I sure hope they'll like it. Anyway, the most important is the time spent together and the love we put in it. Merry Christmas to you all.

Thank you all for taking time to reply and share on this post about Christmas...

I do want to just pick up on something what was said by Walker " our CC said Christmas is very seldom simply 'happy' or like the films " I truly agree with this and I think many people try so hard to have the happy prefect Christmas like what we see on the TV/films on how they portray it, When in fact it's not... I wish they would make TV shows or a film on what a real Christmas is like for many of people around the world, But they won't as that won't sell or be of interest in others...

Thousands of us stress and worry about what to buy, Do we have the money, Can we afford food and all that; When it is really just for two days, Christmas Day and Boxing Day... They is this massive hype leading up to it and we can get excited and plan what we may do, It does not stop everything else in this world and our life's, It can to me feel like a false reality...

I still fall into that trap of getting excited and looking forward to it, More so this year as my LadyBug understands now, Me and the sister are going to do the Elf On The Shelf ( Do not know if people know what I mean??? ) , But I also know once it's over with I and many others will just be dropped back down into true reality...

I am going to shut the hell up now, As I have no clue if I am making sense or talking too much bollocks, I'm tired but cannot sleep so rabbiting on haha...

This is a Elf On The Shelf Threemoon; He/she Elf comes on the first of December from the North Pole, To keep an eye on your child/children to see whether they're being good or naughty, As they go back to see Santa every night to let him know...

So each night we will set the Elf up doing something funny or naughty around the house for her to find in the morning, She cannot touch the Elf as it will lose his/her magic, You can buy special magic dust ( Glitter ) to use if you want to allow them to touch the Elf... Then on Christmas Eve, Your Elf has to leave for the North Pole to help Santa finish all the presents ready, But Elf leaves a box for the child/children in our case me and the sister too haha, In that box is a new PJ set, A Christmas book to read to them just before bed, Hot chocolate, marshmallow and a Christmas DVD to struggle up and watch, Santa key and reindeer food to sprinkle outside and whatever else you wish to out in it, But we are just doing that I think???...

Plus I have come up with an idea; On Christmas Eve afternoon we will need to go shop to get some milk for Santa, So I'm going down before hand with a little red envelope with a message in from the Elf, So when she goes in; They will say/give her this envelope, Which will tell her where to find the carrots and then once she finds them ( In the neighbours garden ) She will find another letter telling her to go into her bedroom where She will find a mince pie, For Santa... So she has everything ready to put out on a plate for them all...

I do hope I have made a little sense here??? I'm not always the best at explaining things clearly when typing :/... If I've not I am very sure you can google it and it will say about it :]...

Thank you for the great explanation, Dice. Kids must be so excited with the Elf. In France we say that Father Christmas (aka Santa) is helped by little humanoid creatures called lutins. They help him make the toys and prepare all for the Great Night but they don't have a habit to spy on children to inform Santa on their good or bad behavior. We say that Santa himself has great powers that allow him to know without anyone telling him. We have a weird idiom saying "His little finger told him". Anyway our lutins look like your Elf so our traditions are very similar.

• 4 weeks later...

So this post has been a little quiet, So I thought as it's only like 8 days 22 hours and 30 minutes Untill Christmas hahaha... I'd write a little something;

One hopes people are nearly ready for Santa and not stressing too much with it all and maybe looking forward to it, A wee bit more now :/...

Here is a photo of our Elf Snowy yesterday, When she was trying to make our tree look better...

Archived