Mental Health Forums

Deleting

ArtMatters

hey I was wondering if someone could help me delete my posts. I don't want them up anymore and I can't figure out how to delete them. If you could delete my profile all together please do so...I don't really want my account active anymore I'm making some life changes and I don't want my stuff up in here anymore, I try avoiding coming here but it's triggering for me that judgement is going to happen and I'd rather work on my bpd not online cuz it worries me to much...can someone help me delete my profile? that would be good..or tell me how, cuz I really can't figure it out

I've looked up the rules for you:

"6. Do not post any personal information that you are not happy for the whole World Wide Web to know. Posts will not be removed at users' request, unless there is a valid reason. If you would like anything removed, you should submit a support ticket stating the reasons why. Accounts will not be deleted."

I suggest you contact Lily-Bee.

Good luck with your life changes.

Just because YOU do not want them up anymore does not mean they will be took off; People should read the T&C before joining up so they know whatever you post; Cannot be deleted because you have decided you do not want it on here anymore...

If you do not want your profile active or have this place triggering you because people are judgement ( So are many many people in this world and I am sure you're too at times... ) Then change your password to random letters on your keyboard and you will never be able to sign back in again... Simple...

Nor do I see how it's asking for this site to be attacked because it won't delete accounts of members who change their mind about this place...

The problem is if we delete loads of posts etc the forum becomes a mess. And then there is the fact that 9 out of ten times people change their mind and we have a bigger issue, namely how to restore everything...

I know this wouldn't solve the problem completely but you could change your gender and location on your profile and maybe ask Lily to change your username to something less identifiable?

The only other thing I can think of (which is probably completely impossible and even if it is possible it would be a lot of work for Lily especially if a lot of people ask for this) is to hide Art Matters' topics from non staff members?

But at least this is a site where you do actually need to make an account to log in, it's not like it actually shows up on google or anything (at least I hope it doesn't) as some depression sites do.

I am really happy you feel ready to move on from everything though :) That is really good to read.

Hi. Please submit a ticket and explain everything. I hope that Lily can help you, though I don't know to what extent she can. It's great to hear that you're ready for some life changes. I wish you all the best, a merry Christmas and a happy new year. You'll be missed.

Archived