Mental Health Forums

Keep Forgetting My Medication

bluemoon5

Sometimes this is not ordering it and then panicking and sometimes forgetting to take it,

Problem is that venlafaxine has awful side effects, like headache, shivers , and other flu symptoms, so today I feel poorly, cant work and hopefully as I have taken it now it will get better soon as I can't stand more than a day of it. This happens about twice a month. yes I could do something about it put in a better reminder system but seems I prefer to do this and suffer. don't self harm by cutting now but do this, why? why do we choose the form of self harm we do?

bluemoon5.

Can you get your meds put on repeat prescription? Mine are so all I need to do is pick it up from the pharmacy once a month.

Also most of mine are slightly ahead of where they should be so with most of my meds if I collect them a week late I haven't run out of them.

I suppose we choose the form of self harm that gives us what we think we need, the form that 'helps' :/

The problem with putting in a reminder system is that it can take a lot of strength and effort and we just don't have much of that a lot of the time. I have a weekly pill box and it is annoying having to fill it up at the beginning of every week but if I don't do it I start getting confused about what time of day it is and taking the wrong tablets. I don't know if this would help but maybe to begin with you could just concentrate on reminding yourself about one dosage every day? Then maybe that will become second nature and then you can concentrate on a different dosage?

I find it amazing the ways we find to harm ourselves. I know that self-loathing is knocking on my door when I have little accidents, so to speak. I fall, I cut when peeling potatoes, I burn when opening the oven, I bump against things....... Yes, it's indeed interesting but so telling how the unconscious plays up. I try to dialogue with those unconscious parts and sometimes I have positive results sometimes I haven't.

Hugs bluemoon5. Hope that you feel better soon soon.

How are you now, Bluemoon? I think it's not easy putting on efforts to remember taking our meds when they give us awful side effects. Have you already tried to discuss these with your doctor? Maybe a less side-effect inducing med would be easier to remember to take? Take care, dear.

Hey I get the whole. Side effects of not taking venlaflaxine it's crap.. I felt suicidal not a good self harm.ni cut though and don't chose this as my harm.. Goodness what is better though all fucked up.

• 1 month later...

Archived