Mental Health Forums

Trazadone, Quetiapine And Sleep!

angel tears

Hi

I am currently on 250mg trazadone and 200mg quetiapine and I am sleeping for 10-11 hours a night!!!!. Does it get any better?. I feel half asleep all day!!! Xxx

When I first took quetiapine, I actually slept soundly for about 16 hours all in one go every day for the first week or so.

But within a month or so my sleeping pattern was back to an on and off sleep for eight or nine hours with a couple of ten minutes awake in the night.

A change in meds can cause extra drowsiness - no doubt.

How long you been on these doses and meds.

From personal experience once new drugs adjusted to fro your own biology, your most normal sleep pattern will revert back to what it was.

If not, I would mention this to whoever is prescribing these meds for you.

Hi

I have been on the upped trazadone dose for 15 days now and my quetiapine from 150mg to 200mg only 3 days ago. I will give it a while longer and see how I go. I also take topiramate for migraines which can sedate!! Xxx

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. When I was mirtazapine (spelling!?) I slept literally 20 hours a day. I gave it about 5 days but eventually decided to try something else. Anyway, I hope that things improve.. maybe speak to your GP about it when you're next there too? Hope you are 'ok' xx

Hi

I think it is just starting to settle a bit better now... Had a few days of getting up ok, then slept for 10 hours again!!! Hopefully I am getting there!!!. Xxx

Archived