Mental Health Forums

Christmas

Lily-Bee

Dear friends,

I know that Christmas means a lot of different things to different people. For some it is a religieus fest, for others simply about the traditions and then there are those to whom it means nothing.

I also know that despite what the movies and tv might tell us, in real life Christmas is not fun for a lot of people. Some people feel extra lonely at this time, some miss at those days people that have gone, some look back on the year and are not happy with their life and themselves.

My wish is that no matter what your situation is may you see the beauty in yourself and the world around us. Oh yes there is loads of misery but Im wishing for you to be able to have moments of joy noticing the little things we take for granted. The smell of coffee in the morning, your fave song, a bit of chocolate and the things and people you do have in your life. I am not saying that takes away from any hurt you may have. Just hoping you also get to experience some joy this Christmas and in the new year. For in the darkest night there are still beautiful stars.

This is my wish for all of you.

I will try to be around more these days for those that need extra support.

Lily

My wish is that no matter what your situation is may you see the beauty in yourself and the world around us. Oh yes there is loads of misery but Im wishing for you to be able to have moments of joy noticing the little things we take for granted. The smell of coffee in the morning, your fave song, a bit of chocolate and the things and people you do have in your life.

That's a very good wish - lets all have a mindful Christmas!

I will try to be around more these days for those that need extra support.

Me too.

Only saw my parents and been on my own back in my own flat alone but not lonely.

Mindfulness is good.

Right this minute nothing matters except that I am here and here I am.

My thoughts are my thoughts but they are not real.

They are simply imagined scenarios which my mind creates and that's it.

That is good.

I am in the warm. I have had lots to eat.

This moment is the only moment that matters.

Tomorrow's moments can wait till tomorrow.

Thank you for the beautiful Chrismas wishes. Chrismas Eve was lonely for me but I got through it okay. I went to my brother's today for Christmas and had a real good time. It was nice to see my niece and nephew and everyone else. Good food and good conversation. That made my day. I know I would have been depressed if I had not gone. I don't know how much longer they will be living in the area, they talk of moving far away. But that's not yet so I won't worry about it.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

thank you lily

I am so sorry for not wishing people happy Christmas

I have been here so long

known many of you for some years

and I didn't even send you good wishes

please forgive me

you were in my thoughts

and I still want to send you all my love

I have seen my children over Christmas, although my daughter not on Christmas day

I have just spent the night at my friends (the one I lived with in 2013)

I love being there, its such a happy place compared to being with parents!!!!

and I love my parents but its stressful and scares me

just now dad having funny 'turns'

and my head is screaming run run

my friend and her children (adults) just seem so much better at accepting eachother, faults and all

I wish with all my heart my family were like that

I wish I could be like that with my children but it always seems to fail

sorry

sidetracked into what should be another post

thank you lily

thank you josh and forum

thank you for being my online home that has kept me safe and supported me for so long

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

XXXX

Archived