Mental Health Forums

Hi

toaster

Hey guys,

long time and all that. I still often pop on here to see what people are up to and stuff but I don't often post.

Things are all good in rainy Wales. I'm in my final year of being an undergrad and looking at Masters (although I have no money :( ). I LOVE uni and never want to leave. I'm doing well-ish, I just need to work super hard this last semester to ensure I get the grades I so desperately want.

Me and Pie are officially engaged, rings and everything :) no date set yet but it will happen, eventually!

Dylan has asked to move back with me :D Josie has said yes (she doesn't even live with him) but Mark has said no. I want Dylan here for my graduation in July so I'm hoping he will stay from then. I'll keep you updated. Dylan is now 15, 6ft 2, size 11.5 feet and getting a little bit of bum fluff on his top lip :lol:

Things aren't great with my mother - she has issues and apparently can drop me very quickly. I'm keeping an emotional distance.

My mental/emotional health...it's up and down. I was recently diagnosed with OCD. I've come off the citalopram which I am so happy about. It made me so flat and apathetic. I wasn't unhappy but I wasn't happy either. I didn't get excited about anything. I'm now on clonipramine which seems better. I'm also on a beta-blocker for anxiety. My psych is good, he takes me seriously and doesn't blame everything on BPD. The BPD is questionable now, it says 'other PD' on my record now, which basically means they don't know. That's fine by me, I hate the diagnoses.

I've also been told I have double depression. I have dysthymia (persistent depressive disorder) which is an ongoing depression but a functioning depression, but then I get major depressive episodes on top of that, hence 'double depression'. My new med is an anti-depressant, anti-anxiety and good for OCD so I hope it'll work long term.

My addiction problems are still a problem. I don't take street drugs any more but I was abusing my nerve meds. i don't drink often but when I did have a drink, it would end in disaster so I've recently joined AA. It's been hard over Christmas, attending events which revolve round drinking and getting pissed. But I've managed not to drink so yay, I suppose.

Anyway, I hope people are as well as they can be :)

Toast xxx

A very positive post, its great to hear from you. I am really pleased to hear of your engagement to Pie, your uni, and that Dylan is going to be living with you.

Hi, well done for not drinking on Christmas! It was surely not easy with everyone doing it. Congratulations for your engagement with Pie, I wish you many happy days. Seems that you're working hard at uni, I'm pleased that you love what you're doing. Keep on the good track!

thanks everyone :)

I'm going to another event tonight where there will be alcohol. I wasn't going to go but I've decided I will. I need to learn to enjoy life with substances. Meh.

Have a great new year everyone.

xxx

Hi

How strange, I was thinking about you just today. Honestly! I was genuinely wondering how you're doing as I know that in the past when we've replied to each other we have often been quite similar and related to each other.

It's really good to hear from you.. congratulations on your engagement. It sounds like there have been some positive steps forward but of course not without their struggles. I hope that you have an ok evening out tonight.

Sorry I don't have many words right now (I have tonsillitis and although that should only affect my voice not my typing, it seems to have!). Take good care of you :)

x

Archived