Mental Health Forums

New to BPD Competely :(

SarahCharleen89

Hi, I'm new to this site and to everything about BPD.  I've always been diagnosed with PTSD  and Depression but yesterday I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, which explains the last 20 years of my life, which is mind boggling. I don't know what to think or what to do, it's a complete curve ball for me as I've never heard of BPD before.

So I've already diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and now Borderline Personality Disorder. My family aren't supportive as they don't understand it and my partner does not believe in Depression which is really hard sometimes! Just feel like none understands me and I don't even know who I myself : (

SC - I think the first thing to do is relax. These labels,  that we are given don't and can't sum up the whole complexity of our emotional being.

In my case it helped to finally get a proper diagnosis; helped but didn't cure. In fact I'm still trying to get a consistent form of help or therapy.

Personally speaking, it helped as it made me realise that I wasn't the evil narcissist that I had always thought I was. It confirmed I had a problem. A problem that deserved help.

I may be saying something that i have no right to say but your partner not believing in depression is.......well, kind of like saying that they don't believe in broken legs. It's proven, it is scientifically validated. At best, saying that is not supportive and a little ignorant.

I hope you find some peace and support.

Kim

Hello, and welcome :)

Hope you find some support and information up here. I find this forum and its people, a wonder that provide both...(info and support!).

I am quite taken with the concept of 'not believing in depression'...seems to have triggered something to race the thoughts within me...but I just say this to give an honest reaction to you...I feel it must be very difficult for you to be around so many loved ones that just dont understand Anything of what you go through...

Many of us will understand, do suffer, do survive, and can progress not matter what the Dx we have been given...

Well wish from mbb x

Archived