Mental Health Forums

Cannot hold down job

Loulavegan

Hello

I struggle to work and get intense emotions especially the day before I'm due in I can become suicidal. Any advice would be great.

I've only just started working again after 6 years of nothing. Two weeks in and not wanting to face it again tomorrow.

Hey Loulavegan, i used to get this really bad, I still get it but I've become a lot more resistant to it.

First thing, make sure you get plenty of sleep the night before, its the most important thing for me, to do this you need to try and put work out of your mind. Set your alarm and think about what you did on the weekend.

I find worrying about it before is worse than when I am there, if that isn't the case maybe write down things that bother you about work, from there you can then figure out what it is about work that is bothering you so much, maybe social, performance, responsibility anxieties or something else. For me it's a bit of all the above.

Keep at it, I didn't want my MH issues getting in the way of my life, so I haven't taken a day off because of anxiety since I made the commitment that I wouldn't. If you keep going, eventually it looses it's impact as you get used to it, i know how hard it can be but it will get easier.

Forest

Archived