Mental Health Forums

cpn assessment

lonelyheartemma

I don't like the way the cpn behaved in my recent assessment.

He was patronising.

He seemed amused by me.

He made a lot of assumptions for no reason like that my mum gave me emotional support and didn't seem to believe me when I said she didn't. I would never have said anything to suggest that.

I told him something that had happened to me and he said he didn't believe it had happened.

He didn't seem to think the threatening behaviour I've been on the receiving end of was a problem.

When I became upset he told me he hadn't done anything to upset me. I don't believe it was intentional but by distancing himself from it it made me feel like it was my fault and I should kill myself immediately.

I told him I wanted to kill myself but he said he didn't think I needed mental health support.

I explained why I wasn't happy with my medication due to the very heavy levels of sedation, I can easily sleep for 12 hours. But he didn't see that as a problem if it helped my mental health, he just said use an alarm clock but that wasn't my point. I don't think it's healthy to be that heavily sedated every night and I feel more refreshed on 4 hours sleep without medication than any number of hours with medication. I also believe the fatigue I feel throughout every day contributes to my depression by making it harder to find the energy to do anything or concentrate on anything. I think it's very important for me to discuss other options with a psychiatrist, it could be we'll decide to stick with the heavy sedation but I think it's reasonable for me to concerned and I believe it's my right to discuss other options. The cpn thinks I should continue taking it because "it works" which I'm not sure about anyway. I will discuss the matter with my GP but I would rather speak to a psychiatrist.

He said someone would be in touch in a few days, it's been several weeks.

He also kept receiving phone calls throughout our meeting, I don't think his phone should have been on.

He gave me a questionnaire to fill in about our meeting but he gave me the one for carers instead of the one for clients. Anyone can make a mistake but he made so many mistakes it doesn't seem so much human error as another sign he wasn't really that bothered.

Archived