Mental Health Forums

Hypnosis

verbena

• 4 weeks later...

I have never tried hypnosis. but i'll tell you something i did try-and it workedfor a while- my dad (he is a shrink, imagine that! heeheee!) told me about it. what you do is give yourself a couple hours alone with a lot of paper and a pen. you sit down and write a list of everything anybody has ever done to you that has hurt-even a little bit. you write thier names too. then you go where nobody can hear you. you say it ALL out loud. then you write another list. everything YOU have ever done to anybody else-names apply here too. you say all of THESE out loud. then you shred both lists into little bits and make a small bonfire. burn it all down to nothing but ashes. then, if you don't live close to water, flush it down the toilet. this is very emotional and very draining, you might have a headache afterward, but i have never felt as good in my life as i did right after i did that. i actually called my dad and i was literally weeping for joy. i was so free. i am thinking of doing it again soon. so, if anyone tries it, will you tell me if it did something for you too?

Verbena, I've never tried hypnosis, sorry I can't help. As you say though, anything is worth a try.

Velouria, thanks for posting that, it sounds pretty scary to do but sounds like it might help. I'll let you know if I manage to do it!

Twi xx

Verbena,

I tried hypnosis but I don't think I am the kind that can trust enough to let go and be hypnotised. Maybe it would work better for you.

Also, on the burning paper thing it sounds like a great idea if you can do it. I don't think I can because I usually can't remember stuff unless something triggers the memory. By that time I just start spiralling down and couldn't do it then either.

bets

• 4 weeks later...

ive done hypnotherapy!!!

my first session was wonderfull it was the most relaxing thing ive ever experienced!!! but then after that i knew he would be pobing into my ast and, even tho i went to him for help!! i wouldn't allow myself to go through it!! so for me it didn't work and he said i needed more proffesional help!!!

but it might work fine for you, but i would make sure you go to somebody well qualified and trained, ect, as it could cause more problems going to somebody who isn't experienced!!!

just my opinion!!!!

yeh i paid someone £30 to hypnotise me for an hour and i wouldnt go under, so it was a waste of money.

however i learned self hypnosis at college to combat exam stress and it did work, and that was for free. the idea of relaxing your body and making your mind relaxed so that you can access and change parts more easily sounds pretty useful if you ask me, i would like to try hypnosis again.

Hi verbena,

I tried hypnosis earlier this year, the therapist was a nice guy but was unable to get me under,but then I do have a MAJOR thing about trust and with men in prticualar. I was too anxious to listen to what he was saying, my mind kept wondering off to all my fears. I do have some self hypnosis tapes which help me relax, and I have a friend whom swears by it , it has helped him with lots of difficulties includeing giving up smoking. Give it a try it might be beneficial for you.

Juaier

verbena,

i bet you would be a great canidate for meditation... its kind of self hypnosis and i find it very relaxing. its the best of dissassociation with none of the downside!'

bwets

Has anyone ever gotten results with hypnosis for our symptoms?  I am looking for anything, anything that will help.  I am stuck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Verbena,

I haven't tried hypnosis but it got me thinking about all the alternative therapies and what results people have had. I'd like to post a more general question, coming from your idea about the hypnosis.

About being stuck, I know what your saying; I really hope things get better for you.

Cooler, :)

i dont trust anyone enough to put me in a hypnotic state. i get worried that they will do something that they professionally shouldnt and maybe even put thoughts in my head that have not happened but then because of the hypnosis i think they happened.

ive heard of it happeneing and there is no way in hell that i would let anyone hynotise me.

stace

hi

i went for hypnotherapy counselling last year and found he was doing things he shoulldnt. trying to prove it makes me sound and feel very very stupid. the police had a video interveiw of me but to my knowledge he is still working with no prosecution. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have found hypnosis does work for me at the time as i am easily suggestible unconciousley however i have a need to understand and dissesct everything which undermines the work done afterwards because that meakes me more defensive afterwards so i know my care team has to develop new ways each time. if you are willing yes it will work, however if you are angry that it is being used without your consent and knowing your family are part of it, like me because of issues surrounding family, then no.

don't know if it helps

angel

(PEARL)

Archived