Mental Health Forums

What Is Your Greatest Fear?

samsung

i am watching...believe it or not... the Tyra Banks show on Living TV. They are talking about overcoming your greatest fear.

I was wondering what was your greatest fear?

my Greatest fear is not being able to breath.

I FREAK OUT WHEN I GET A FLASHBACK AND GET A PANIC ATTACK AND CANT BREATH...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fear losing the hope that drove me into therapy , and being left like this for the rest of my life......ouch..now that would suck.....big time!

Right now, that translates as please Mr therapist dont give up on me..my biggest fear by far just now, well that and hospitals and misdiagnosis and yes....dying without peace....

Hey Rachel, are your hugs growing...? if so, how wide can your arms stretch..? just a bit of a silly thought....thank you....

cyber hugs rock, its the real ones i have trouble with sometimes...yikes...

Jai

jai.... i know... the real ones are scary... but i wont hurt you...

i am sending you the most gentle hug with arms stretched out wide.......((((((((((((((((((((Jai)))))))))))))))))

take care

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Stella)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I fear dying without ever being loved by someone special, someone other than my family, not being held in someones 'loving' arms, to die without ever having a true partner or to die having love constantly rejected.

i have quite a lot when i think about it but the main ones are

Getting old in its self along with being alone

The people i love dying

being alone

• 3 weeks later...

((((hugs)))) to all.

I guess my greatest fear is a mixture of things... being alone outside the house, crowds (especially loud ones).. and I have a an awful fear of people looking at me in public, because theres always something in my head telling me that they're thinking bad things about me. I'm pretty paranoid about strangers, always afraid they are going to hurt me. I have anxiety attacks just leaving the house sometimes. I don't know whether it's the Social Phobia I was diagnosed with years back, or whether it is something more now.. my fears seem to be getting worse.

Other than that, my biggest specific phobia is bugs of all kinds, from moths to spiders, cockroaches and wasps especially.

Sarah x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

always being alone

being hurt

being rejected

false hope

never getting better

being sectioned

i could go on and on, but i'll stop

o, another

this site disappearing.

i am watching...believe it or not... the Tyra Banks show on Living TV

my life been so unhappy I watch tyta banks LOL only joking...

I am frightened of everything too many things to list

Mrs Tree

No comment on the tyra show. . .

I'm most afraid of dying. Not by an ordinary death like car accident or cancer or even old age. None of that scares me. The kind of death that is slow. Like say giving into BPD or my depression or starting the use of drugs or drinking and dying slowly into this black hole until I one day accidently die of a drug overdose or slit my wrists because I'm so depressed while I'm drunk. Some god awful thing like that. Wow, sorry. That wasn't depressing at all! lol, well, I'm here and doing well, and am not going to give into anything except RECOVERY! So, on that note. . .

There are so many.

My loved ones dying, hurting my loved ones, things I can't control.

Being alone, being with people (social phobia, I hear ya Sarah),

Being exposed and vulnerable, sometimes even being looked at.

Heights, giving public speeches- being acknowledged.

Being ignored. Being close. Depended upon.

Losing control and losing my mind permanently.

Being as bad as I think I am. Thinking I am bad, but actually beiing good and missing something.

Growing up and old. That this is all there is; that there might be more than this.

Watching life pass me by as fast as its going without ever acheiving

what I can be or am good at~ feeling like a failure or wasted goods. Lost potential.

Dying and seeing God and being asked "what did you do with what I gave you?"

Seeing the devil and hearing him laugh and say, "Way to go, dumbass"

both of which go with.....

Being held responsible for the things and damage done that was out of my control.

Being a letdown to my loved ones. Pressure

Sorry. Free association :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Archived