Mental Health Forums

Weight Loss

gingernut

Sorry the formatting of the chart came out wrong Rebecca.

Being 5 foot 5 and 11 stone 13 your BMI is 28 and the healthy BMI is between 20-25

5 ft 5 inches you should be between 8 st 8 lb - 10 st 10 lb and at 1.66 m you should be in 55 - 69kgs

Imperial or metric measurements.

Ginger

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i went on a 2 mile dog walk today, ate sensibly, ate some friut then help, i walked pass the xmas chocolates and had 3!!! oh well, try harder tomorrow

lloydy

Strat, your BMI 19.11, classed as healthy weight, but be careful, you near 18.5; under that classed as underweight...

rebeccaborderline

Strat, your BMI 19.11, classed as healthy weight, but be careful, you near 18.5; under that classed as underweight...

rebeccaborderline

Hi Rebeccaborderline,

I use this government site which has my bmi as 18.9:

click

but I've seen other sites differ from this one. I know I'm a bit close to the edge!

strat

I am going to the gym tomorrow, I had an induction just before christmas and they gave me a personal programme to follow.

thanks ginger for the encouragement, just what I needed at the moment.

Take care everyone

Hello all, right for today I went for another jog which was similar to the other one except I may have pushed myself a little too hard. I jogged for 15 minutes and made it upto 33 minutes in total and did 5367 steps burning off 269 calories. I unfortuanatly ran abit faster than the other day so my heart rate was out of my maximum limit and what with me still having a slight chest infection/cold was not the best idea.

Max Heart rate is 220-age so mine is 190 beats per minute and I got it upto 194 so I need to learn to pace myself more. I did in total 2 and a half miles.

Paddy the walk probably would of burnt off the dairlea and the pringles especially with the wind resistance thats been happening recently. Hope today was better for you.

Loopyjen how was the gym today do you feel better for it?

Lloydy I hope yours is going well, I hope the dog walks are enjoable and at least your dog will get fit too. The christmas chocolates are fine im sure try not to take away all your pleasures as it will make it harder to stick to.

Innerpeace if you hide away your alcohol I will pour my bottle of wine down the sink that I keep just in case I get miserable?

Ginger

hi ginger, god i'm getting nervous about my weigh in on sunday. 1 lb lose will do i tell myself.

wow, have you inspired me. my dog walk today turned into a jog. i was knackered and poor poppy was confused. felt good for it then 4 hours later, i ate 6 digestive biscuits. WHY WHY.

well done with your exercise and also well done to all the others trying.

take care

lloydy

I know that I am a few days early, but, I just weighed myself....11 stone exactly (154 pounds)... 18 months ago I was 9 stone 5 pound (131 pounds) and 6 months before that I was 8 stone 10 pounds (122 pounds)...I think I will set my target to 131 pounds.

Ginger...you are being wonderfully positive...I hope we all help each other lose weight.

See you again here on Sunday :)

Just wondering Joanne would you be my personal trainer,you sound so very energetic and positive,well done!

I am going for a walk now,feel like pants so hopefully this will help physically and mentally.

Everybody keep up the fight.

Patricia

I've lost 2lbs in the last week so pleased with that...especially considering xmas fallout. I've managed to lose my sweet tooth too. I'm taking a psychological approach...I don't need what the weight provided for me, it's emotional padding and I'm strong enough inside now not to need it....same goes with overreating, I don't need to fill any emotional gaps with food and if I fancy eating I'm asking myself why. I've been doing well with eating healthily but my leg and foot are still not great so I can't exercise again yet.

Sunday weigh-in, and first failure!

Im 11st 13lbs, same weight

Must get my competetive head on.....

good luck the rest of us

rebeccaborderline

sunday weigh in and i've lost 3lbs!!!

i'm delighted cause i haven't been that good so THANKYOU ginger for starting this

that puts me now at 16st 1lb

well done innerpeace and becs, i would personally have been happy with staying the same as it least it's not giong in the wrong direction, keep going girl!

good luck to the rest of you

lloydy

hello guys, Today I did another jog for about the same as last time, cant seem to break the 15 minute brick wall at the moment. Did in total 28 minutes but wasnt feeling totally in the mood for it so I guess at least I got off my bum and went out there anyway. I did 4612 steps and about 3 and a half kms so its about average pace at the moment. With reference to weight I have lost 2 and a half pounds so not bad for my first week.

Jtbadbug you are very eager and I cant knock you for that, I have been dying to weigh myself everyday.

Paddy I hope the walk made you feel abit more positive.

Innerpeace well done you have lost nearly the same amount as me and have not been doing any exercise so you are doing very well on the diet side of things. Hope your leg feels better soon so you can get back on that trampoline.

Rebecca not losing weight isnt a failure at all, I am still experimenting with my body to see what is the best diet and exercise routine and I dont expect to get that right in one week. Competition is a good motivator, starting this thread is a good motivator as now the pressure is on for me.

Lloydy well done on the 3 pounds I hope its a steady loss from here on in.

Congratulations everyone

Ginger

Well, I weighed myself this morning and I was 10 stone 12 - 152 pounds...my scales are not always the most accurate, but, scold me...I have kept to weight watching levels of food all weekend until I have just popped into my parents and what did they do...offered me a piece of Tiramisu.. :angry: ...I was weak and gobbled it all :angry::angry::angry: the stupid fool that I am :angry::angry: .

Oh well, I will see how I get on next week ... I am skiing in 4 weeks time and totally unfit, so, Jo - I need to be eager :)

Perhaps we should have a chart for all the pounds we have lost cumulatively between us each week <_<

It would have been really hard to lose weight last week because the Christmas overeating will still have been making an impact....this week should be easier for all of us.

It would have been really hard to lose weight last week because the Christmas overeating will still have been making an impact....this week should be easier for all of us.

not lost any weight yet.. still 12 stone but been to the gym twice this week yay!

Hello guys,

Yesterday went for a 5 km walk and today went for a 34 minute walk/jog. Broke the 15 minute barrier and jogged for 17 minutes instead. Walked/jogged for the rest. Did about 4 kms.

Well done Ivy for going to the gym twice this week especially with it only being Tuesday.

Jtbadbug you still lost weight and I think cutting out everything you enjoy makes it too hard to achieve the goals so well done.

I have started drinking green tea and cutting out the caffiene. I had caffeine withdrawals along with the dehydration so got bad headaches but I think that is over with.

Well done everyone

Ginger

Archived