Mental Health Forums

Ocd Consumes My Life.

foreverborderline

Seems my OCD thoughts are getting worse and worse . I create these worries in my mind and then it takes on a life of it's own. I worry about something over and over, Like I will think my computer has a problem and I will check and check if it is OK or I will worry that my bank account is empty and I will check it 20 times a day. I cannot stop even if I want to and I do. It is physically painful, I feel like I am going nuts at these times. If it is not one thing then it is another. sucks so bad.

i feel your pain!!! OCD does suck.... i too become obsessed with the most minor things...

i am bad with checking as well - i will be 30 mins from home and ill have to go all the way back to make sure the door is locked....

i haven't yet come accross a method to help control those compulsions... the only thing that has somewhat worked is ill close my eyes, breathe, and count to up to 10 slowly, and then count back from 10 slowly...it calms me down for the moment so i can concentrate on things i need to be doing...

i hope this helps.... its not a miracle cure but its something lol!!!!!

good luck

Thanks Kitty, I will try it. I try to retrain my mind to think that my compulsions are not rational but not an overnight cure.

Hey

What would happen if you didnt check it?

Do you get any help with this?

sunshinex

I feel a need to check it, I feel I have no control . I have managed not to a few times and the obsession changes.

I need help but am in a country with No psych care, nothing.

where are you? Surely there must be some kind of therapy?

If you try and make a conscious effort not to do these checks do you think it would help? or if you tried to cut down the amount you were checking things like if you were doing things in three's cut it down to two and so on.

sunshinex

Archived