Mental Health Forums

Risperidone

axtell1080

IVE JUST BEEN PUT ON A MOOD STABILISER CALLED RISPERIDONE....

ANYONE NO ANYTHING BOUT IT OR GOT ANY VIEWS ON THIS.XXXXXXXXX :rolleyes:

I was on risperidone and it worked for a while but my body got used to it so it was stopped (my body does this). But I didn't put any weight on like with the olanzipine. xxx

I've been on it for years, sometimes they have to up the dose for me but it works wonders for me. It was orignally to stop my mood swings but is now used to stop pyschosis as it is an anti psychotic. It stops the voices and delusions and hallucinations for me.

I tried it and it had No effect

I was in a Cafe and started crying for no reason

I also felt that mind was linked into the TV and Radio - Freaky

I tried it and it had No effect

I was in a Cafe and started crying for no reason

I also felt that mind was linked into the TV and Radio - Freaky

OK MOLE THANKS 4 THAT ONE......!! :rolleyes:

As far as I know it's also used in the treatment of schizophrenia...it's an anti psychotic but used for a lot of stuff

As far as I know it's also used in the treatment of schizophrenia...it's an anti psychotic but used for a lot of stuff

THANKS S1CKK.XXX :rolleyes: YER C THE DOC ARE STILL UNSURE IF IM SUFFERING FROM MILD SCHIZOPHRENIA OR BIPOLA ITS DRIVING ME NUTS......WISH THEY HURRY UP.XXXX

It is an anti-psychotic and is used in schizophrenia but is also used in bi-poler and any depression that has hallucinations/delusions present. I was prescribed it when my dx was depression with anxiety. Before they added the psychosis dx that I have now as well. xxx

It is an anti-psychotic and is used in schizophrenia but is also used in bi-poler and any depression that has hallucinations/delusions present. I was prescribed it when my dx was depression with anxiety. Before they added the psychosis dx that I have now as well. xxx

OK LOL.XXI JUST WORRIED COS THEY JUST SO QUICK TO GIVE PILLS OUT BUT I GOT MY 4 KIDS TO CARE FOR I DONT WANT BE DRUGED UP WHILE CARING FOR THEM THEY SHOULD TRIED ALL THIS WHEN I WAS IN THE MENTAL HEALTH UNIT FOR BLOODY 8WEEKS.XXXXX

Yes they should have tried it then, they rarely see the big picture. I have to take my morning tablets when I know I don't need to do much for the next 3 hours! But that's me. xxx

I'm sure the dosage is crucial for everybody.

There is a custom among some people with Asperger's and autism to ask for a low dose of risperidone as it can help with breadth of working memory which decreases anxiety because one is getting 'the bigger picture' with less effort hence is more confident vis a vis what is going on around one.

My old GP was happy to prescribe at my request.

1 mg daily works well for me along the above lines, and between 0.25 and 0.5 mg daily for two other people I know.

Yes they should have tried it then, they rarely see the big picture. I have to take my morning tablets when I know I don't need to do much for the next 3 hours! But that's me. xxx

THAT BE NEVER FOR ME :( XXDONT SEEM TO GET ANY TIME TO MYSELF THESE DAYS TILL LATE EVENING.XXXX :(

I'm sure the dosage is crucial for everybody.

There is a custom among some people with Asperger's and autism to ask for a low dose of risperidone as it can help with breadth of working memory which decreases anxiety because one is getting 'the bigger picture' with less effort hence is more confident vis a vis what is going on around one.

My old GP was happy to prescribe at my request.

1 mg daily works well for me along the above lines, and between 0.25 and 0.5 mg daily for two other people I know.

IM ON 5MG....THANKS FOR THAT INFO.XXXXYER DOCS ARE JUST HAPPY TO HAND THE HAPPY PILLS THESE DAYS IVE NOTICED....I SAW THAT WHEN I WAS IN A MENTAL HEALTH UNIT 4 8WEEKS..... :wacko:

All I can say about rispirdone is I put on weight, I t stopped my periods, I leaked breast milk. It worked for a bit then srtoped like everything else I've tried. Good luck with it, I did find it less sedating that some other anti psychotics. xB

All I can say about rispirdone is I put on weight, I t stopped my periods, I leaked breast milk. It worked for a bit then srtoped like everything else I've tried. Good luck with it, I did find it less sedating that some other anti psychotics. xB

OK THANKS FOR THAT.XXXX :rolleyes: I WILL KEEP THAT IN MIND..... IM HOPING IT BE OK AS I GOT MY 4 KIDS TO CARE 4 AND IM ON ENOUGH MEDS AS IT IS SO IM DREADING WAT THIS GOING BE LIKE

!!! :blink:

Anti psychotics can mess with your prolactin levels which is why you get the weight gain, breast engorgement and leaking and hormonal type symptoms. Each one acts differently for everyone for me the one that did that was sulpiride and I had to come off them, risperidone didn't give me those problems. It depends on your body.

• 4 weeks later...

My 12 year old daughter is on 1mg risperidone a day for her mood swings.

It seemed to work at first but not so much now, it needs to be reviewed.

I hate it. But then I'll say that about any drug I was ever on and not many people get the same affect I do. But I'll say it anyway, just in case.

It blocked off my sense of self. It blocked off my emotions. All that was left was emptiness. I don't know how it did this since I'm told it "never happens," but the emptiness turned to depression. I did not have depression before I was on this drug.

It also made me to exhausted to function. I was an honour student before I was on this drug. But the most I could do on it was wake up enough to shuffle from class to class.

I've been on It, but not for long as It made me paranoid and made my leg's feel like they were made of lead.

• 1 month later...

I've been on It, but not for long as It made me paranoid and made my leg's feel like they were made of lead.

maaaaan....i get ya on that, i was on 7mg twice a day for 3-5 years.....then all of a sudden me legs did'nt work.

i'm on olanzapine now seems ok

Archived