• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Roses

• Wobbles

• Sammy

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i dont know if thats possible but your best bet is to submit a ticket xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey, what's up? Don't have to say if you don't want to, but I'm willing to listen if you do.

Btw, nice picture. A friend of mine uses that one too.

You can share with us , it is safe here - nobody knows who you are .. is that what is bothering you ? I hope you are OK.

Thanks for your feedback. Maybe you could help me to understand why you feel it was insensitive?

No thanks, as it's clear you're not really interested in anything i have to say, and i'd prefer to avoid conflict at this particular time and on someone elses thread. I just feel you could be a little more supportive and empathetic towards the members here sometimes. But that's my opinion, and obviously one that doesn't mean much. I'll keep my mouth shut (or fingers still) i future when i have a problem with you.

Dear lola,

I have had exactly the same issues and have wanted stuff deleted and my account to be stopped.

I think I can empathise with the uncomfortable feeling. It too took me a while and lots of asking to get an answer to know what to do.

This submitting a ticket thing appears to be the only way of dealing with it. which seems to me to be a longwinded process to which 3 days on I have still had no joy with.

It makes me cross that people are always willing to take money and sign you up to things and then make it difficult to leave or have help with anything.

Joshua, I also find you are being a little insensitive, if I may say so and I think it was due to you mimicking the flow of lolas post.

Possibly you did this to be empathetic but my immediate reaction was that of a child repeating things too wind someone up.

Obviously It is my problem the way I deal with the reaction of somebodies post, but I feel that you can be a tad insensitive in the way you put things .

In regard to leaving and deleting things can you not include an icon and link on a fast way out? Like we have in Chat an icon like a door. Sometimes people need to escape.

All the best Lola. Bumble x

Thanks for your feedback. Maybe you could help me to understand why you feel it was insensitive?

I would guess it is because you worded it one word on every line just as the original poster did. Personally I didn't find that insensitive, just funny! Maybe I have a wierd sense of humor or something.

On the other issue,

Lola, I know you are feeling very stressed out about having your thoughts here. I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed and upset right now. a lot of my thoughts are on here too but for me, no one knows who I really am. I'm just WP to people on here so it doesn't really matter. Here is a safe place to vent my personal stuff. No one here is going to hurt you or hold anything you stay on here against you so you need not fear. Your mental health is really in your hands and it's all about choices. You can make the choice to regret or not regret, to stress or not stress. I've learnt this over years of experience with my own mental health. Sometimes I still choose to stress despite the consequences. Sometimes it's easier to stress than to let things go. However, letting things go is usually the best way. Think of it all as a conveyer belt of stuff, kind of like at the super market. Things rolls into sight then roll out of sight. Then next thing comes. The posts on here are in the past. another way to think of them is that they are leaves on a flowing stream. You're standing on the shore... you can watch them wash down the river and out of sight. Then they are just gone! And you can wait for the next thing to come. On a forum as busy as this, posts very quickly pass out of sight and mind as a new topic takes over the main page. In a few weeks your last post isn't even read any more or noticed.

Fear not, better things are yet to come.

WP

They wont remove your posts lola, i tried before several times, tickets ect and no joy, i already felt unsafe and that made me feel worse, the only thing i could do was stay off the site for a while.

sorry im not much help xxx

I simply responded to the origional poster in the way in which they posted. How this can be considered insensitive, childish etc is a mystery to me as then we would also be saying the origional poster is also to be labelled with these negavtive assessments of their charachter.

Also id like to take this time to remind people that BPDWORLD is a small charity and the only one that does the work we do in the UK. The volunteers we have are limited and replies to tickets etc are made asap. It would help us all if members of the forum could be careful in what the post and be mindful that you may dislike what you have posted in the future and its not always easy to correct this later on.

I simply responded to the origional poster in the way in which they posted. How this can be considered insensitive, childish etc is a mystery to me as then we would also be saying the origional poster is also to be labelled with these negavtive assessments of their charachter.

I disagree. For example, a black man may speak to me in a jamaican accent but for me as a white man to reply in the same manner would be considered offensive as I am white. So, mimicking people's mode of communication can be inappropriate sometimes in my opinion.

I think you came across as mocking her, Joshua.

Also id like to take this time to remind people that BPDWORLD is a small charity and the only one that does the work we do in the UK. The volunteers we have are limited and replies to tickets etc are made asap.

More than one person has told me that they have submitted tickets and got no reply.

It would help us all if members of the forum could be careful in what the post and be mindful that you may dislike what you have posted in the future and its not always easy to correct this later on.

On this occasion I agree with you... people will have replied to those posts and to remove it is not the correct thing to do. I also think you do a lot of good work on these forums Joshua, and it is appreciated - its just you are not perfect or above criticism thats all :D.

I disagree. For example, a black man may speak to me in a jamaican accent but for me as a white man to reply in the same manner would be considered offensive as I am white. So, mimicking people's mode of communication can be inappropriate sometimes in my opinion.

I think you came across as mocking her, Joshua.

Also id like to take this time to remind people that BPDWORLD is a small charity and the only one that does the work we do in the UK. The volunteers we have are limited and replies to tickets etc are made asap.

More than one person has told me that they have submitted tickets and got no reply.

It would help us all if members of the forum could be careful in what the post and be mindful that you may dislike what you have posted in the future and its not always easy to correct this later on.

On this occasion I agree with you... people will have replied to those posts and to remove it is not the correct thing to do. I also think you do a lot of good work on these forums Joshua, and it is appreciated - its just you are not perfect or above criticism thats all :D.

Thank you meme for saying what i wanted to say, just in a much better way. I agree with everything you've said.

But we are forgetting Lola is in need of support here. Lola, do you want to talk? You can PM me if you need don't want to post on the forums. xxx

All tickets are answered, there is a link in the box on the top of every page that says submit a ticket, also links in many of the moderators signitures. Our aim is to respond to tickets within 24 hrs. Sometimes it may take longer depending on the volunteers available but most of the time we do answer them before this. Anyone who has not recieved a response to a ticket when they think they should have is welcome to submit another saying so (please make sure your username is included) or to pm one of the supervisors and we will make sure that a response has been made and help you with being able to view future tickets.

In regards to deleting accounts, I have noticed in this thread that a couple of people have said they have asked to have their accounts deleted, but are still here. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at anyone, but it brings up another reason why accounts aren't just deleted, as people often change their minds and do things on impulse.

Anyone who has issues with their account and feeling unsafe, worried that they have used a username that may be recognised by people they know in the real world etc, let us know. We can change usernames, edit 1 or 2 particular posts if they reveal information that can be traced back to you etc. Individuals do have to take responsibility in what they put on public forums like this, if you are someone who gets worried that someone might see what you write use names that cant be recognised, put in country that you live rather than town, don't add date of birth on your profile, if using a shared computer or one that someone else has access to log off when leaving the forums.

coming across is a matter for perception and down to an individuals thought processes etc. I think that is shown by the varying responses. I can only say that there was no intent to mock this member. You (The member population) can choose whether to believe that or whether to make negative assumptions.

its just you are not perfect or above criticism thats all

Im aware of this and would not think for a moment i am.

thanks so much everyone. i guess i have loads of issues but one of them mainly is that i'm scared people will know stuff about me and hold it against me b/c it always happens lol and one day i fear someone might find out who i really am, but then again these two fears are probably illogical. i'm such a contradiction to myself in every aspect, that's the only clear thing i know about myself, that i'm a contradicition..so i get scared when i can't delete stuff, because it seems so permanent. i really appreciate all the posts, thank you :bigarmhug[1]:

i can't say anything more b/c i should stay neutral...i could be the biggest bitch/nightmare in the world right now but i won't lol. i do things on impulse, but submiting ticket after ticket and getting no response is crap. having sent ticket in time and time again and not getting my crap removed is not impulsive thinking on my part. yea yea yea it's a charity i know. i see both sides of this. so i will suck it up, feel regret and try my best to get out of regretful thinking. and lol that so was a mock. but if not i also see where it might not be. everyone knows i've written about this loads of times and sent in loads of tickets so everyone's fed up with me. blah understandable. but i also have to keep in consideration that most people have bpd here i believe so i can't be mad at the responses i don't like. anyway thanks again for the nice posts, and for the posts i may have misinterpreted x

lol Watch out! He'll get a big head.

I'm also wondering if some of the tickets get lost somewhere along the way? I know the forum has glitches every now and then.

I don't think anyone can find out who you are unless you let them. For the most part, we try not to use each other's problems against each other. I haven't seen it happen too often and when people do, I think it's because of their own problems. We had a bit of a troll problem awhile back, but can't really take those too seriously and there are now precautions against them. I think it's pretty normal to be a contradiction. :) Not that I really know what's normal, but...

:grouphug[1]:

I am one of those people you mentioned josh, and first off i asked for my posts to be removed and because that didnt happen i asked for my account to be deleted because i thought that maybe you would do one but not the other.

you all do a good job here but placing an edit button permenantly on posts is all that is needed imo.

some people on here have got me through some tough times and i thank them for that.

ps

if you had gone ahead and deleted my account obviously i would not still be on here but you left me no choice but to ask you to do that.

sorry lola for jumping in on your post im with you 100% take care of youself xx

My apologies Joshua if i came across as harsh earlier. I believe you do a great job here and my response is probably way off the mark as I am reacting badly to everything. I understand this being a charity and all, and if my ticket had been answered I would delete my account not because I think a bad job is being done but because I am not able to keep my big mouth shut, posting things that would better be left unsaid.

I know there is the option just to ignore this site but i am finding it hard as it is my only source of response to a very isolated lifestyle. The physical barrier of me not being on here I thought might change my need to want to converse with people. At the moment i'm still posting, yes i know state the obvious because I just don't know where I am with it all. It has not been my intention to personally insult you.

Most importantly, Lola I hope you are ok and apologies for hijacking your post. x bumble

Archived