Mental Health Forums

New System

Joshua

I've tried the blog out although it was very unclear as to whether or not my blog would remain private. Evidently, the blog wasn't private and now the world knows that I like Cheese and Onion pie. So... little tweak there for you.

Also wondering whether or not the private thing would work on a per-entry basis i.e some entries would be more personal than others and it would be nice if the settings reflected this.

Both being sorted as we speak.. try in 30 mins.

understand you want things to be better

improved

understand you put lots of time effort into it

which is appreciated and commendable

understand how frustrating it must be waiting for others to make changes that you want now,

but

still sad

that the chat, blogs, well we were ok with all of it really

its not just about hating change

sometimes its about being ok with what we have, comfortable with it

this world people always changing things because they can

and in the process so many good things are created

and so many seem to get lost

oh well

just feeling v sad atm, maybe

understand how frustrating it must be waiting for others to make changes that you want now,

No, its not about this. The software is developed for the main stream typical users. So the functions i would like to appear will never do so.

walker crawls away and cries in corner

Walker hun, if you or anyone has problems working out how to do something drop me a msg.

I started to do a quick tips sheet for myself as the new functions appear and change so am happy to share anything to help.

(and if i dont know i'll ask or have a play around to figure it out) :)

x

ty silverwolf

not really worried about how

just feel like everything we know is being taken away

feeling very vulnerable and afraid

little walker not coping with all this

I wasn't allowed to give anything resembling negative feedback and it wasn't remotely resembling it. Just said it was sad to lose the old system entirely because it's hard for me in a lot of ways to connect with others and the status updates actually worked that way, for me, for the first time. Hard to imagine, I know. I'm just getting a sense that I'm not wanted here like I shoulda figured out a long time ago.

I think we should all move forward. The old system had too many negatives associated with it anyway and bringing it back would likely only be more of the same. Asking people what they want is also just another can of worms and would be endless and fruitless to open that up with hearing opinions and giving individuals a lot of say. I think Josh should be applauded for the work he does and for keeping this site running smoothly. The mods are also the best in the world as far as I've seen and likely Josh has a lot to do with that also. Anyway, I'm done with my petty grievance and just want to move forward and try to accept the changes in life as much as possible.

• Like 2

Hi Joshua

Well done on the new system and I appreciate all the work you've put in.

About the blogs - when you move them to the support system can you include a most recent blogs section because I am not neccesarily friends with everyone that blogs. Also I understand why you can't keep blogs on the forum page but I think this is a shame.

starry x

All blogs made on this system have been moved to the new system. This blog system is now closed and the other one will continue to be developed. Please keep your ideas coming.

The permissions for sponsors etc are not in place currently but once they are those who do not have the right permissions will not have access to certain features. As it is now, nothing will change in that respect...

iddeas oh yess ssmach it all to pieces and laughhh at the pain it cuases

hwy shoudl it matter oh ha ha ha what fun this smust all be

wathcc poepllle brekading and ntohing is betteeer jsut broken

hun i know the changes are really hard for you.

give it some time though.i just think of the support thing as an extention of this place.

its not lost.exp now we can see active users...doesnt feel so lonely in there.

please give yourself time to adjust.

hugs xx

A couple of questions:

We can only shout out every 20min?

The blogs are moved..but we cannot edit our old entries and we can't see any of our friends?

Thanks ((hang in there Walker :( .. Hope your babies are better Daisy))

:(

All blogs made on this system have been moved to the new system. This blog system is now closed and the other one will continue to be developed. Please keep your ideas coming.

as we cant seem to see/edit the preferences set for the blogs moved over from here to there, please confirm their default visibility

private?

available to friends?

available to all?

especially concerned for blogs that were previously set to draft