Mental Health Forums

4 Years, No Sick Days

Villan

it does work that way doesn't it !!!!

i was AWFUL for a year and they put me on probation

cleaned it up and this year got off of probation and back solid..not proud yet, just grateful-humble

no sick days...hell yes it is an accomplishment and it is its own reward

thank you!!!!!! i need to hear these stories too

well done, that's something to be proud of

ty for sharing, like toocrazy says - i need to hear stories like this too

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!

That is awesome indeed, hunni.

Oooo, a kindle!! Wow, enjoy hun!!!!

Out of pos reps, but I will mos def return to this soon as I get more :)

xxxxxxx

snap - me out of plusses too - so i will have to owe you one :)

yeah - kindles are fantastic... so many decent free books out there too, and the screen is so easy to read...

and i meant to say earlier that you's lot contributed to this achievement cos without all your support and stuff and being able to come here during the day - i wouldnt have managed it :) and dont forget that alot of you gave me the strength and support i needed to go to therapy and that helped me loads...

so woooo hooo to alls of you and this place too :)

xxxx

Hiya Villan,

That is bloody impressive!

Way to go dear. You are an inspiration.

Am out of possy points today but wanted to say you rock, and I hope you enjoy your Kindle.

And THANK YOU for all the support you have given too. luvs & hugs, x anne marie :inlove3:

dont mind at all - quite a valid question tbh...

i work as a sales support administrator in the motor trade...

dont mind at all - quite a valid question tbh...

i work as a sales support administrator in the motor trade...

hey

That is really great,You should be really proud of yourself :)

Yaaay well done Villan you must be so proud hun!! :masked: :masked: :masked:

And a Kindle? that sounds way cool and a brill reward, hope you enjoy all your many books!

x

well done u! ooh a kindel mum hs one and luvs it! kath u feeling k? think u need to stay in bed and read lol ....ur very sick hehe :lol: ok guess not off u go to work xxxtc :wub:

• 1 year later...

Right - one year on from this post I started last year...

5 YEARS NO SICK DAYS :masked:

Reward = box set of Angel DVDs all 5 series - cos they were cheap in the Amazon Sale!

May also get myself a new pen and notebook when I pop to the shops on Saturday...

Wowzers.. I love my job (I know, I'm sad) but even I couldn't do 5 years with no sick.. in fact I'd not be able to go 1 year with no sick days. How do you do it!? I have tried planning my annual leave so that I have regular breaks and something to look forward to.. that reduces my need to call in sick as I seem to be able to hold on thinking 'ahh well I'm off next month' or whatever.

Anyway, congratulations! That certainly is a great, no it's an amazing achievement.. hmm now you just need a day off to watch all those DVDs.. ;)

x

thanks both of you :) yeah - long weekend required for an Angel-fest indeed !!!

Jenny, I think you have hit the nail on the head re holidays... never really thought of what i do as being proactive, cos it's just what i do... but i think you have something there!

i have three structured holidays during the year

one about june, one about september and one over christmas

they are booked well in advance - mainly as i go away with mum and bro so they have to be! but they give me small chunks to work towards and look forward to... and then the rest of the days i take as long weekends whenever i feel like i may need one if i have a time to go before the next proper holiday... i only have to give a week's notice as long as no one else is off...

i go from jan to june quite well without planning cos you always get the long easter break in the middle...

actually the more i think of it, the more it makes sense... cos i just fell into what my mum and bro do after i split with my ex-husband but i think my mum structured it for my brother and his stress levels mostly...

hmmmm... interesting!

Archived