Mental Health Forums

Hocd Homo Sexual Ocd - Intrusive Thoughts And Feelings- Sexual Obessions

vampire

Anyone here suffered from obsessions over being gay or having instrusive thoughts or feelings over someone in which is in an in appropriate way and is false and therefore an obssesion

HOCD - Homosexual OCD google it if you do not know much on it also check out my story here

I have suffered from many other topics with my OCD but by far this one has been the worst of the lot

Also having sexual obessions comes under OCD and can also result in someone having thoughts of being a pedo and become one it really is an unfair thing to have and I have been fighting it for 9 months at least now and it makes my life feel like hell but its getting better in here for anyone and hope there are others like me I can relate to

I think as other uses have suggested on all your other posts today its best to get diagnosed by a proper doctor... This is more of a support system than a diagnosis/self diagnosis site...

Yeah it is I posted this topic to also see if anyone else has been going through what I have I know they have from what ive seen on google

to be honest... with most people dealing with anxiety/paranoia/depression/bpd etc... I wouldnt think they admit to the above.

I think first thing..get yourself a doctors appointment ...they may be able to perscribe something to help calm these thoughts and sedate you a little and they will refer you for councilling....

As stated ive done all youve said already (: still getting over it and I felt awful keeping it to myself even though there is no shame in it it feels bettr to tell people especially ones you love so you get the anxiety guilt out your system also took meds for 4 months recently came off them dude to side effects was on clomipromine

yes it is good to get it out, providing you dont hurt too many people in the process.

So are you no longer seeing a doctor/therapist or taking any meds?

No longer on meds due to side effects and doctors are ridiculous in my area there awful however I need to go back to doctors its been nearly 2 months since ive been also I am doing CBT which I only get once every 2 weeks or 1 week and a bit if I am lucky so much for the NHS and goverment doing big things...... david cameron is doing big things with hes wallet more like

'I have suffered from many other topics with my OCD but by far this one has been the worst of the lot

Also having sexual obessions comes under OCD and can also result in someone having thoughts of being a pedo and become one it really is an unfair thing to have and I have been fighting it for 9 months at least now and it makes my life feel like hell but its getting better in here for anyone and hope there are others like me I can relate to'

^^^^^ from your post above ^^^^^

Thats what i read and understood as saying that you had thoughts of being a pedo... I cant reply on the other post as i went to the loo popped back and it was closed......... I obv read the above wrongly and that you were worried about it happening so sorry about that... at least you know why now i kept telling you to go see someone...

Yeah dude nah pedo thoughts never bother me I dont get them but I think that people are pedos and I fucking hate them! I just have suffered from HOCD for a while now but it really is easing off I think my new gf (gf no 2) really is doing it for me even thought its long distance and I will be going up there quite often (: she makes me feel good man and her sex felt right to and she loves me and actually wants me compared to gf no 1 who never bothers and its always me making effort so I am doing a lot better probably going to have to make gf no 2 my permanent gf in next few weeks im seeing how it goes also havent seen gf no 1 who lives 4 stops from me gf no 2 lives all the way in newcastle took me nearly 5 hours to get there :lol:

HOCD is a powerful and evil thing to have and once you get through it youve been through the worst OCD subject and will be stronger

Hi there

I must admit HOCD is not an illness I have heard of, and new disorders seem to crop up all the time, but you may well be right. It may be that you dismiss this out of hand, but I thought I would say it anyway because maybe it will take root somewhere and be helpful eventually.

One aspect of OCD in general is that the sufferer sees their own thoughts and emotions as "dirty little thoughts". Any 'unacceptable' feeling that crops up becomes an enemy to be defeated, whether its the discomfort of seeing a dirty door handle, the pain caused by worrying about locking the house, or internal 'banned' thoughts such as sexual or aggressive impulses. OCD sufferers tend more than others to fight and wish to be utterly free of those disallowed feelings, and so it makes sense to find it helpful having someone classify your fleeting homosexually-tainted feelings and sensations as a disorder. That way it gives you the idea that maybe the disease can be removed.

There is something called the Kinsey Scale, which you may have heard of. This scale says that human being's sexuality is not binary - straight or gay. Its a blend, a scale. Its possible for an identified straight man to have momentary, fleeting homosexual impulses. Now this doesnt mean he 'is' gay, only that its possible for the human mind to find all manner of things arousing. At the same time its only because sexuality is an issue that attracts so much stigma, and so cause others to feel shame and the fear of rejection, that it becomes an issue. But as its a normal part of human sexuality that doesnt care one iota about modern cultural gender expectations, the feeling WONT go away. Part of human biology is to feel sexual feelings towards all manner of others. Some people see them as irrelevant, and let them go. Others declare war. But the real battle is with the fear of ridicule and being seen as "unacceptable", which may gel with an already inner felt sense of being not good enough, even despicable.

The problem is not the presence of the feelings, but the way the person reacts to them. Feelings are just feelings. Thoughts are just thoughts. Experiments have shown that the more you try to eliminate a thought or feeling, the more it comes back - intrusively and powerfully. Imagine that - your attempt to escape it actually traps you in it more. OCD is very much about that battle with feelings and thoughts, and part of recovering from OCD is stopping the war. Believe it or not, it IS possible for you to have all the feelings you currently want to be rid of, and be happy. Its just right now that is the last thing on earth you are going to want.

Hi there

I must admit HOCD is not an illness I have heard of, and new disorders seem to crop up all the time, but you may well be right. It may be that you dismiss this out of hand, but I thought I would say it anyway because maybe it will take root somewhere and be helpful eventually.

One aspect of OCD in general is that the sufferer sees their own thoughts and emotions as "dirty little thoughts". Any 'unacceptable' feeling that crops up becomes an enemy to be defeated, whether its the discomfort of seeing a dirty door handle, the pain caused by worrying about locking the house, or internal 'banned' thoughts such as sexual or aggressive impulses. OCD sufferers tend more than others to fight and wish to be utterly free of those disallowed feelings, and so it makes sense to find it helpful having someone classify your fleeting homosexually-tainted feelings and sensations as a disorder. That way it gives you the idea that maybe the disease can be removed.

There is something called the Kinsey Scale, which you may have heard of. This scale says that human being's sexuality is not binary - straight or gay. Its a blend, a scale. Its possible for an identified straight man to have momentary, fleeting homosexual impulses. Now this doesnt mean he 'is' gay, only that its possible for the human mind to find all manner of things arousing. At the same time its only because sexuality is an issue that attracts so much stigma, and so cause others to feel shame and the fear of rejection, that it becomes an issue. But as its a normal part of human sexuality that doesnt care one iota about modern cultural gender expectations, the feeling WONT go away. Part of human biology is to feel sexual feelings towards all manner of others. Some people see them as irrelevant, and let them go. Others declare war. But the real battle is with the fear of ridicule and being seen as "unacceptable", which may gel with an already inner felt sense of being not good enough, even despicable.

The problem is not the presence of the feelings, but the way the person reacts to them. Feelings are just feelings. Thoughts are just thoughts. Experiments have shown that the more you try to eliminate a thought or feeling, the more it comes back - intrusively and powerfully. Imagine that - your attempt to escape it actually traps you in it more. OCD is very much about that battle with feelings and thoughts, and part of recovering from OCD is stopping the war. Believe it or not, it IS possible for you to have all the feelings you currently want to be rid of, and be happy. Its just right now that is the last thing on earth you are going to want.

Wow this is a great reply :) thanks dude it makes sense OCD is deffo a battle of ones thoughts and feelings its horrible when you cant dismiss a thought and it becomes an obsession and you get so depressed and shit goes wrong with your relationship then you think where am I going to go from here I am this and this and have no future cause of it but once you get through that phase you will be ok im fighting HOCD so much its so hard to live with and feels painful especially over the case I have as I am actually comfortable with gay guys and even dont mind being around them its to do with my step dad that got me :(

OCD will always be with me its learning to control its many forms I have a pdf document to understand HOCD as it is a real disorder

I don't understand the concept of HOCD. If you have a girlfriend but also have sexual thoughts about guys, perhaps that just means that you are a bit bisexual?

• 4 months later...

It's a very difficult thing for someone to cope with all these intrusive thoughts. There is a good book relating to this type of mental health problem it is called the "Imp of the Mind" and it goes into the cases such as Pedophilia as you mentioned above. It's a good book and you may find it resourceful for HOCD.

Interesting topic. I get something like this, though I've never seen as a mental illness asuch, just a bit disturbing.

I get sexual thoughts about women, but not available women, usually my mate's girlfriends, girls who are in long-term relationships with guys, and even my cousin (which freaks me out the most!)

So you're not alone vampire. Just be thankful you don't have peadophillic thoughts. That would be way more disturbing!

P.S. Hope things go well with gf no2

• 3 weeks later...

the untrusive thoughts the OP was talking about has a proper name for it.....but i read about it in an autism book and don't remember the name of the term, but it is some odd ocd like over focus thing some deal with.

Archived