Mental Health Forums

Annoyed At Notice Board

miss.smiff

um

people kicked off when the system was changed

its been changed back

yet people still all moaning

is that why you come here? to find what you dont like then bitch about it? i thought this was a place to come for support and find like minded people, understanding.

and from where im sitting, some people just post only when they wanna jump on the bandwagon.

some of you are behaving like children.

this place isnt what it used to be. josh had a point, this isnt the community it was.

shame on you

Bimo you are asuming that Joshua's first post that you responded to was a direct post to only you when there are dozens of posters in this thread and as you may imagine havng seen others post his annnoyance is not directed at you. But a general comment.

Lily

To be fair Lily, it was a reply directly to my post.

But I've had my say, I don't want it to escalate.

some people in this world are masters of manipulation, so it aint any use fighting against them we will never win. Just get out of the forum what you can. xxxx

some people in this world are masters of manipulation, so it aint any use fighting against them we will never win. Just get out of the forum what you can. xxxx

Couldnt agree more on both counts

Why don't we all calm down?I think this thread is getting out of hand now,After all this site is for support and not to bitch at eachother,Josh and Lily have taken some shit here and personally if it was me i would of closed the site down by now.

Gosh what has happened? Why is everyone so angry all of a sudden? I thought this thread would have ended by now when everything was explained?

as you can see miss.smiff there are still some simmering resentments about the events in april/march and whilst people don't feel able to express their opinions on this matter reasonably the fur does sometimes still fly.

i know that i speak for bimo and cwp when i say that this site has and will continue to be a lifesaver and lifeline to many,but at the same time many of us don't appreciate being jumped on when we express an opinion that is different to the site owner.

lily

you are a very hard worker and you've had to deal with sooooo much flack about this issue over the last few months we have absolutely no quarrel with you and appreciate all the work that you do in trying to mediate in this matter but sometimes we get a little threatened and defensive when we can't articulate our thoughts in a calm, rational adult manner because we feel that our comments are taken as being a personal attack. which is not always the case.

kind regards

nic

i know that i speak for bimo and cwp when i say that this site has and will continue to be a lifesaver and lifeline to many,but at the same time many of us don't appreciate being jumped on when we express an opinion that is different to the site owner.

I agree entirely that this site in the past has had an immeasurably positive impact on the lives of many.

Prior to the shambles that is the support system, I wouldn't have said a bad word against Josh. Nevertheless, I feel his inconsiderate actions and his arrogant attitude surrounding this very personal and sanctimonious venture has been nothing short of a disgrace.

Examples of this arrogant behaviour can be found in the little green boxes on this very thread;-

The most popular "Josh is so boss" post got a score of plus 5 - 2 votes came from minimods, 2 from mods and 1 from admin. Josh was more than happy to acknowledge this particular post.

The little rant on page two which was a blend of concern and query also got a plus 5 - the votes all coming from sponsors (3 VIPs) who can show 130 months of loyalty to the board between them. It was disappointing yet unsurprising to note that Josh completely ignored this.

I must stress that my dissidence is not borne of a wish to be edgy and controversial nor is it a complaint without foundation.

I had a choice to become a sponsor (I didn't actually have to sponsor at all as I was volunteering at the time of renewal) and I chose to be a member of a forum with the facilities available. I did not ask for nor did I choose to fund the support system. Furthermore, as a paying member, I have every right to voice my displeasure whilst the person I'm donating to is alienating me, and other sponsors, without even showing the slightest hint of self-reproach.

I admire swagger in people who are doing things in a correct if unpopular manner. Charismatic self assuredness is a very exciting thing to witness. However, your blunders have been too frequent this year for your chest to be so prominent.

yesterday i dared suggest that there was manipulation going on and you can "see" from the response how that was handled. I was very upset and intimidated by this. It is at times a scary place to be if you are the butt of the site owner's joke.

It is at times a scary place to be if you are the butt of the site owner's joke.

agreed. not nice at all. very demeaning, and been done to a lot of people for a lot less.

yesterday i dared suggest that there was manipulation going on and you can "see" from the response how that was handled. I was very upset and intimidated by this. It is at times a scary place to be if you are the butt of the site owner's joke.

Yeah, it even happens if you try and say something positive.

:blink: What to say, I thought this was a charity as it is advertised on the search engine google. I thought it was a NHS backed online support for personality disorder and dissociative identity disorder.

These can only be used by sponsors,

They were free before. Has the cost of maintaining them gone up?

Should anyone misuse the system (as it was misused before) they will no longer have access to this feature.

If misuse was the ONLY reason they were taken down in the first place, wouldn't it have been easier to have implemented this rule all those months ago?

Status updates will also show in posts. Your see this for yourself….

Why? We already have signatures and as mentioned elsewhere, having a crisis status on a happy post and visa versa is just plain daft. Please get rid.

I have brought back the forum blogs, as always they will only be accessed by sponsors.

Another backtrack.

I have increased security so that trolls and spammers should be less frequent.

Really? This isn't something I would personally proclaim as there is no failsafe troll prevention method. Besides I can already see a few dormant troll accounts fluttering arond.

Pm's on the forum can again be used by sponsors.

Something else which was prevously free.

The support system will remain and will continue to be developed in the future.

And good luck with that. If it's something that proves to be greatly beneficial and not an inconvenience then I will partake. However, it isn't what attracted me to this site in the first place so don't be disappointed if I or others are not as excited about it as you are.

I don't know what all this is really about but I like your style.

I have increased security so that trolls and spammers should be less frequent.

Really? This isn't something I would personally proclaim as there is no failsafe troll prevention method. Besides I can already see a few dormant troll accounts fluttering arond.

I don't know what all this is really about but I like your style.

The reason we reacted with jokes to the comment about manipulation is not to offend anybody. But we simply had to laugh as its such a rediculous accusation. May I ask how according to you we are doing this;manipulating??

Lily

I've spent a bit of time reading and thinking about this. But then there comes a time when I realise that I personally have other priorities apart from forum politics. Like getting better, and helping others :) .

Invalidation yes you can say that. We where hoping though that by making a joke about it youd see the absurdness of your accusation.

Im sorry if it made you feel hurt.

I however do not consider making a joke manipulation...

Lily

Archived