Mental Health Forums

Annoyed At Notice Board

miss.smiff

May I in general ask; what would help this situation in your eyes? What do you guys want to happen here?

Lily

How would you feel if these things where said about you(and this just one day,one tread.

That youre

-Mean

-Threatening

-Unfair

-Inappropiate

-Dont care

-Moaning

-Spiteful

-Give elephant neg responces

-Are immature

-Invalid in your feelings,opinions

-Treat people appalingly

-Intimidate

-Manipulate

-Are a dictator

-Fixated only on ownership.

-Jump on people

-Arrogant

-Demeaning

This is almost daily stuff for Josh. Imagine how you would react to so much insults.Ive seen members have a hissy fit over way,way less.

This forum is here for you and we try to do the best by everyone.

Lily

May I in general ask; what would help this situation in your eyes? What do you guys want to happen here?

Lily

Brilliant!

A nice thread or a sub-forum headed with what I've just highlighted would be a fantastic start. A general feedback forum where ideas and opinions can be discussed in a transparent manner rather than dismissed in a petulant manner would certainly go some way towards placating a fair few people here.

Its obvious we disagree on this but in our opinion we are open to idea's and feedback. We always leave threads like this open and respond and take things into consideration.

Just because you dont always get the answers you want doesnt mean we dont care.

You all wanted PMs and statusses back for instance.....well its back.

Lily

You all wanted PMs and statusses back for instance.....well its back.

At a price.

Why did it take months before we got them back?

Why didn't we get them back way back in the winter when the taking of them was so vehemently opposed?

Because we wanted you guys to give the support-page and the PMs and statusses there a fair chance. You could still PM and post status there.

Its for sponsors now because we simply need more sponsors,there are so little paying members Josh has to pay a lot of things to keep this forum up.

Lily

A nice thread or a sub-forum headed with what I've just highlighted would be a fantastic start. A general feedback forum where ideas and opinions can be discussed in a transparent manner rather than dismissed in a petulant manner would certainly go some way towards placating a fair few people here.

Everyone finds it easy to have an opinion or critise something someone else does. so easy...

The fact is there was a feedback function added to the system they emailed issues direct to me, so i could see them and attend to them. An option for feedback to be given was offered. It may not have been as you wanted it or how you would have done it yourself but the option was there.

At a price.

Why did it take months before we got them back?

Why didn't we get them back way back in the winter when the taking of them was so vehemently opposed?

I think its expectations thats an issue.

You have been here longer so therefore you deserve a response more so that someone else.

Something wasnt as good as something else in place as its being devloped so we should have the other thing back and quickly too!

You all want to have a say but less then 1% of you guys is willing to pay sponsorship or help out.

We have virtually no peersupporters.

Only a few dedicated mods.

We once asked for members to help out with stuff only very few did anything at all.

We work hard for you guys. We oversee everything and have been here years,again;we do our very best here.

Lily

This place will never be exactly what you want it to be, it wont give you everything you want. What you cant find here you must seek else where. Should you not be able to get something on here, or not enjoy it, or not like something so much - look around. Its the same with anything.

why did josh take something from here and give us something that didnt work and that he expected US to test and feedback and then moaned that we were whining about stuff, and then suddenly with no notice just stop reading and actioning feedback - it would only have taken 2 minutes to have posted the i'm busy post before everyone kicked off rather than after several days/weeks of no replying when i know he has been online and reading the thread... proactive rather than reactive, but then that seems to be the way this place runs in general from what i see...

why did josh not run the two systems together maybe with a few members to help him test things to 1) make sure it worked and 2) increase the number of people who were trained on the new system so they could help others - which i actually suggested at the time and many others offered too but was rejected as an idea by josh... read the thread...

and why oh why did josh not just take each thing and make sure each thing worked and a user guide issued before moving on to the next thing rather than leave himself with too much work over too many things...

i am no expert in computers but the way he actioned this does seem a lil naive... and also he seemed to want to do everything himself (rejecting the offers of help that were given) whereas if this project had been handled a lil better, with more inclusion from the members working together as a team, maybe it would have worked... to turn round and say that it is all OUR fault it failed is a little bit out of order imo... it failed because it wasnt implemented correctly... no other reason than that...

The fact is there was a feedback function added to the system they emailed issues direct to me, so i could see them and attend to them. An option for feedback to be given was offered. It may not have been as you wanted it or how you would have done it yourself but the option was there.

is this the same feedback button that i reported many many times that didnt work for me cos it was off my screen and i coulndt type in it properly...

i reported that several times via that button as well as on the forum thread and nothing was EVER done about it

so yuo see why my faith in it wasnt very high tbh...

why did josh take something from here and give us something that didnt work and that he expected US to test and feedback and then moaned that we were whining about stuff, and then suddenly with no notice just stop reading and actioning feedback - it would only have taken 2 minutes to have posted the i'm busy post before everyone kicked off rather than after several days/weeks of no replying when i know he has been online and reading the thread... proactive rather than reactive, but then that seems to be the way this place runs in general from what i see...

Josh explained this at the time, and spent quite some time doing so..

why did josh not run the two systems together maybe with a few members to help him test things to 1) make sure it worked and 2) increase the number of people who were trained on the new system so they could help others - which i actually suggested at the time and many others offered too but was rejected as an idea by josh... read the thread...

Why would people use the new system, and how could i get feedback if that happened. Every piece of software is tested by its users, and then improved upon. This takes time.

and why oh why did josh not just take each thing and make sure each thing worked and a user guide issued before moving on to the next thing rather than leave himself with too much work over too many things...

Isnt it awful how he just wanted to get it all done for the benefit of the community, tut tut! I took on a lot, the system has many features that run just fine and others that need work. Many issues were solved instantly when reported.

i am no expert in computers but the way he actioned this does seem a lil naive... and also he seemed to want to do everything himself (rejecting the offers of help that were given) whereas if this project had been handled a lil better, with more inclusion from the members working together as a team, maybe it would have worked... to turn round and say that it is all OUR fault it failed is a little bit out of order imo... it failed because it wasnt implemented correctly... no other reason than that...

Oh this is the best bit. See Lilly's earlier response about helping out.

is this the same feedback button that i reported many many times that didnt work for me cos it was off my screen and i coulndt type in it properly...

i reported that several times via that button as well as on the forum thread and nothing was EVER done about it

so yuo see why my faith in it wasnt very high tbh...

It worked for many people as initially i got many emails...

Were not saying it failed at all,its still being implemented and will be improved in the future. All were saying is you guys never gave it a chance.Like youre saying here,you wanted Josh to do it your way and you wanted it to be perfect right away. You all had different demands and all wanted it fixed in 5 mins.

Josh is only human he might have done some things differently looking back but does that give you guys right to butcher him like this.

Are you so perfect,try running your own forum for a week,see how you go.

Lily

Every one has there own way of doing things, I have mine and you have yours. I set up the forum and continue to run and maintain it. As i said its easy to believe you could do better or have an opinion or criticism of it.

You all want to have a say but less then 1% of you guys is willing to pay sponsorship or help out.

We have virtually no peersupporters.

Only a few dedicated mods.

We once asked for members to help out with stuff only very few did anything at all.

This kind of misinformation is uncalled for.

If you look at the daily users blob on the bottom of the main page, the portion of names which appear in blue, orange, light blue, dark blue and maroon is considerably greater than 1%

Where was the transparency or convenience in that?

This place will never be exactly what you want it to be, it wont give you everything you want.

Nobody would ever expect anywhere to be. Nevertheless, I do believe that a mini forum where feedback and suggestions are openly responded to would help foster a better relationship between those who run the forum and those who use it.

So long as a suggestion or criticism is responded to in a reasonable manner be it positive or negative then your back is covered and the users will at least feel respected.

An example;-

Thread: Please take the status updates off the posts as they can often contradict one another.

Admin: Noted and will be dealt with.

Thread: Locked

If it works then great. If not, at least it was given a shot.

I think it would work a whole lot better than the confrontational manner in which these kinds of threads are threads all too often host to.

Nobody would ever expect anywhere to be. Nevertheless, I do believe that a mini forum where feedback and suggestions are openly responded to would help foster a better relationship between those who run the forum and those who use it.

I see what you say and yet still choose not to do it..

As i said we all have our own ways of doing things.

Manja that has to do with your own computer screen settings not with our system.

Im sorry if you where not informed of this.

Lily

Manja that has to do with your own computer screen settings not with our system.

Im sorry if you where not informed of this.

Lily

Hi Lily.

I have realised that since, and learned how to adjust my screen resolution, but at the time I thought it was a system glitch and thought I was being helpful in informing J.

I very much appreciate you apologising that I was not informed of this, but I find that it's not your apology to make.

I don't want to be going on about something that is both upsetting and is over 3 months old, so best we leave it at that xx

CWP we have almost 24000 members. I think 2 or 3 peersupporters,5 mods. 6 minimods. You do the math.

For arguments sake lets say less then half is active 10.000 again you do the math.

Lily

CWP we have almost 24000 members. I think 2 or 3 peersupporters,5 mods. 6 minimods. You do the math.

Lily

i would love to be a peersupporter or contribute to the site in some other way, but i don't think ye would want me x

Sure we would Manja,feel free to pm me about this.

Lily

thanks Lily.

it probably won't be in the next couple of days as need to clear my head a bit first, but definitely will do xx

Archived