Mental Health Forums

What Have You Done Today?

CrippleAndStarfish

As the title says! I'm feeling nosy, so tell?

This was my day today -

Was dreading today when i woke up, had so much to do and just wanted to hide under the duvet and sleep for a century at least. But, i got up and forced myself to get dressed. There were tears and lots of stomping about the house, but gradually my day got better.

I made it into town to get a present for my brother's birthday tomorrow (i forgot the card though - doh! means town first thing in morning), nipped over mum's and fussed the new pup for a bit (she's just got a staffy cross yesterday, he's so tiny and adorable, me loves him!), then got the bus back home and called in the corner shop on the way.

Nana came round and helped me wash up - i only had one plate, one bowl, one knife fork and spoon, and one mug clean! - and nattered to me while i swept the room (i really need to replace my hoover!).

I've also fixed some stupid error on my laptop that was preventing me from signing in to my bank account online, and sorted out a standing order to pay my rent instead of him calling by to collect it every 2 weeks - yay for limiting human contact!! :P

I've not had anything for tea yet, but gunna do something soon, as actually feel hungry!

Then it's an evening of curling up on the sofa with a blanket, hot chocolate, strawberry icecream and watching a movie, resting up as much as i can and then an early night as i have a busy day tomorrow which i know is going to knack me.

What about you??? xxxxxxxxxxxx

You seem like you have had a productive day.

I have cleaned upstairs. Made a Lemon drizzle cake, is very nice. Did an hours biking. Done all the ironing. Had a bath, washed my hair and straightened it. Now, I'm here, for a while and then going to go and cook. xx

Well done on a good day. It's so nice to hear xxx

May day has been pretty boring, just had a like in until about 10am, went to an Occupational Health appointment, worked from about 11am until about 6pm, and am home now.

Struggling a little, or a lot (not sure which, just don't know anymore), so I think I'm going to do some work from home on my laptop this evening to distract myself from stupid thoughts. Got soaked in the rain so probably go for a bath soon. Would love to take my laptop to bed and do the work, but my wireless connection doesn't seem to be working so will need to stay in the living room.

That's about as exciting as may day got :D xxxxx

lovely to hear your day :) sounds fun

had morning off so had a lovely lie in

crisis rang and arranged an appt for wed to catch up which im not sure about but i guess i should keep in contact with people

had 2 hour lecture this aft which was interesting

came home and had a bit of a meltdown, deleted pretty much everyone off my fb as cant stand having a constant reminder of the life i used to have

watching a bit of tv now to try and distract from bad feelings

pretty average day

xx

You seem like you have had a productive day.

I have cleaned upstairs. Made a Lemon drizzle cake, is very nice. Did an hours biking. Done all the ironing. Had a bath, washed my hair and straightened it. Now, I'm here, for a while and then going to go and cook. xx

wow HH, you've been busy too!! I was supposed to do way more today, but i've put off as much as i can to do on other days, which i feel a bit bad about, but realise that i just couldn't manage it, so it's alright. Lemon drizzle cake... mmmmm!! What are you gonna cook? xxx

May day has been pretty boring, just had a like in until about 10am, went to an Occupational Health appointment, worked from about 11am until about 6pm, and am home now.

Struggling a little, or a lot (not sure which, just don't know anymore), so I think I'm going to do some work from home on my laptop this evening to distract myself from stupid thoughts. Got soaked in the rain so probably go for a bath soon. Would love to take my laptop to bed and do the work, but my wireless connection doesn't seem to be working so will need to stay in the living room.

Hey hun. Sounds like you've been busy as well! am sorry you're struggling hun, but i think it's good that you've got some distractions lined up. sucks that you got caught in the rain - i hate that, esp when it's cold! summer showers, bring it on, but at this time of year, no thanks!! Are you in warm dry clothes now?

xxxx

Something light I think, couscous with roasted veg and some kind of fish. I've had a lot of bad things to eat already today.

You've done well today, you've got a lot done. You should do more resting. xx

Hey hun. Sounds like you've been busy as well! am sorry you're struggling hun, but i think it's good that you've got some distractions lined up. sucks that you got caught in the rain - i hate that, esp when it's cold! summer showers, bring it on, but at this time of year, no thanks!! Are you in warm dry clothes now?

xxxx

thanks hunny. I just got out of my wet socks and trousers and into jammy bottoms, but my feet were soaked and were frozen, so thinking of running a bath soon. I feel like I should be saying good stuff though, don't wanna spoil your nice day. I can do this though, I can keep it together. I am so so proud of you by the way xxxxx

lovely to hear your day :) sounds fun

had morning off so had a lovely lie in

crisis rang and arranged an appt for wed to catch up which im not sure about but i guess i should keep in contact with people

had 2 hour lecture this aft which was interesting

came home and had a bit of a meltdown, deleted pretty much everyone off my fb as cant stand having a constant reminder of the life i used to have

watching a bit of tv now to try and distract from bad feelings

pretty average day

xx

yay for lie in!! Am thoroughly jealous. it's good that you're keeping in contact with people hun, even more so if you don't particularly feel like doing so, and i hope it goes well on Weds. What was the lecture about?

Am sorry to hear about the meltdowny-bit - that doesn't sound like much fun - but i hope that being free of that reminder on screen enables you to feel better. I did the same t'other day, and i felt bad about it while i was doing it, was on tenterhooks waiting for a shitty message demanding answers as to why i'd deleted people.... but none came! wasn't sure what to make of that - at first i was like "goddammit notice what i've done!!!" but that soon passed and i was relieved as felt properly liberated from them and their oh-i'm-so-happy-clappy-silly-twat-life-is-so-hard-and-i'm-having-a-fucking-"breakdown"-because-i-only-have-32-pairs-of-heels-and-none-of-them-match-my-new-handbag-but-i-can't-afford-new-ones-until-payday-next-week lives. (me, bitter? nahhhh) ...*deep breath* aaaaand, calm. Sorry bout that! hope the bad feelings pass reeeeeal soon hun.

xxxxx

Something light I think, couscous with roasted veg and some kind of fish. I've had a lot of bad things to eat already today. You've done well today, you've got a lot done. You should do more resting. xx

Yum! HH's for tea, yerr? :) it sounds lovely, i hope you enjoy it hun. And, thankyou - i think i do need to rest more, but it's hard at the moment, i have all this nervous energy i need to get out. On the plus side, i wear myself out so i sleep like a bloody log lol, so it's not all bad :) xxx

thanks hunny. I just got out of my wet socks and trousers and into jammy bottoms, but my feet were soaked and were frozen, so thinking of running a bath soon. I feel like I should be saying good stuff though, don't wanna spoil your nice day. I can do this though, I can keep it together. I am so so proud of you by the way xxxxx

You're right - you CAN do it. And, you say what you like sweets, it's cool :) I wouldn't have asked if i didn't wanna know. Go get that bath ran missy, and get yourself all properly cozy warm. that is an order! and, thankyou hunni, that means a lot xxxxxx

Maybe you could dance around with your hairbrush and sing all day, that's resting and getting energy out. I've listened to the same song on repeat, all day today! xx

You're right - you CAN do it. And, you say what you like sweets, it's cool :) I wouldn't have asked if i didn't wanna know. Go get that bath ran missy, and get yourself all properly cozy warm. that is an order! and, thankyou hunni, that means a lot xxxxxx

Thanks hun. Just gonna finish watching Hollyoaks on E4, and then go run a bath, and then back to work lol xxxxx

HH - i like it!! *wobbles over to music laptop and sends out a telepathic apology to neighbours* xx

lecture was bout development of identity, pretty interesting. its strange as i keep relating the things i learn to myself, i knew that was the danger of taking up psychology, but its the only thing im intrested in so just guna have to put up with it.

yeh feel so much better now ive done it. i never talked to them anyway and was sick of reading about their 'problems' lol.

thanks hun tryin to keep it together by being on here, usually helps :)

any plans for tomorrow? xxxx

ooh, that's something that i think i'd do too. It does sound fascinating hun. I really wanna get back into education, would love to do psychology, but at the moment i'm just not able to. Hopefully next year, though. it's one of my goals. :)

Andddd, tomorrow i'm taking laundry round nana's and putting a wash on (my washing machine has broken again, gahh!), I have to go to chemist first thing to sort out a prescription that they cocked up, then into town from there to get a birthday card for my bro, then over to my mum's (about a 15 min bus ride from town) to drop card and pressie off, grab a quick lunch there and then back through town and out the opposite end to get to my therapy group for 1, am there til 3 and then back to nana's to collect laundry and then home sweet home and probably shove a pizza in and scoff that then sleeeeeeeep. What about you hun? xxxxx

This morning I went shopping and done a massive shop.Then I done some housework, Cleaned the 2 bathrooms, Kids bedrooms, then my mum in-law came for dinner.I also called my friend whom I haven't talked to in 2 months she keeps calling me but I keep telling my husband to tell her that I am busy ( I know that I am awful saying that) bad friend that makes me hahaha.

nice one, i think you'd be brill at it :) good to have goals

wow sounds like a packed day! haha whenever i go home i take a massive pile of washing :P saves me £4. hope your group therapy goes okay, id love to get involved in something like that, i think it sounds very therapeutic if your into that sort of thing. really good to hear your eating too. know it can be really hard to remember or to be bothered with but does us so much good when we do.

hmm well tomorrows my day off! no lectures yay! think il go to shops and pick some nice healthy food as im on a healthy eating plan atm to see if it balances my moods. i emailed my cc last week and shes showing it to my psych tomorrow so hopefully i will hear the results of that as well. apart from that dont really have any plans. i know i should do some work but my minds a bit iffy atm so cant really concentrate, but have a reading week next week, basically week off lectures so will try and get something done then xxxx

Good to read all your getting upto' today.

Today I went to college, found out that all the hard work I put in to my second week, is just received a pass mark cos I was a day late handing it in. Pretty gutted. Got home and had dinner with my baby and my niece and now catching up on BB

This morning I went shopping and done a massive shop.Then I done some housework, Cleaned the 2 bathrooms, Kids bedrooms, then my mum in-law came for dinner.I also called my friend whom I haven't talked to in 2 months she keeps calling me but I keep telling my husband to tell her that I am busy ( I know that I am awful saying that) bad friend that makes me hahaha.

Hey Honeyflower,

You've been busy aswell!! As for being a bad friend, tsssht. I think it's really common, i know i've done the same myself quite a lot when i've just not felt up to talking. What did you have for dinner? xxx

nice one, i think you'd be brill at it :) good to have goals

wow sounds like a packed day! haha whenever i go home i take a massive pile of washing :P saves me £4. hope your group therapy goes okay, id love to get involved in something like that, i think it sounds very therapeutic if your into that sort of thing. really good to hear your eating too. know it can be really hard to remember or to be bothered with but does us so much good when we do.

hmm well tomorrows my day off! no lectures yay! think il go to shops and pick some nice healthy food as im on a healthy eating plan atm to see if it balances my moods. i emailed my cc last week and shes showing it to my psych tomorrow so hopefully i will hear the results of that as well. apart from that dont really have any plans. i know i should do some work but my minds a bit iffy atm so cant really concentrate, but have a reading week next week, basically week off lectures so will try and get something done then xxxx

that sounds like a really good plan about the healthy eating - i struggle with motivation to eat properly, but have noticed a big difference when i actually do. i hope it's the same for you. hope you enjoy your day off :) xxxx

Good to read all your getting upto' today.

Today I went to college, found out that all the hard work I put in to my second week, is just received a pass mark cos I was a day late handing it in. Pretty gutted. Got home and had dinner with my baby and my niece and now catching up on BB

Hey Pie,

I'm really sorry to hear that, i'd be gutted too :( it's great that you've got it done and handed in though, and a pass is still great!! Might not be what you hoped for, and hopefully next time the results will be as you want them. dinner sounds good, what did you have? xxx

Hey Honeyflower,

You've been busy aswell!! As for being a bad friend, tsssht. I think it's really common, i know i've done the same myself quite a lot when i've just not felt up to talking. What did you have for dinner? xxx

We had chicken Curry :)

Up at 6.30am as per usual. Shower, breakfast, kids to school. Cut back some bushes in the garden and mowed front and back lawn. Long conversation with a neighbour about life and kids. Her son has just started uni. Made a lamb casserole put in the slow cooker. Cleaned up kids bedrooms put washing on. Kids home more mess to clean up!

Archived