Mental Health Forums

What Have You Done Today?

CrippleAndStarfish

honeyflower - yum!! xxx

Jemmy - sounds like you've had a busy day an' all! Busy busy bees! Glad to know it's not only me who feels like there's constant need for cleaning though where kiddies are involved - my son only lives with me part-time, but through the time he's not here there's always some mess he's made for me to clean, whether that's the cheeky toothpaste face he's painted under the sink so it's out of sight unless i'm kneeling on the floor, or random socks shoved behind radiators, there's always something, and i get it nice and tidy... then he's back. Love it though. xxx

got up did kids breakfast, took the kids to school, saw temp and useless cpn, managed not to shout at her or walk out of room, both of which i wanted to do, went home and slept til school pick up time! picked up kids from school, came home, dishwaher, washing machine, and let my son to clean his hamster her is only 4 (but has been desperate to do it by himself for weeks) help eldest look for her brownie trousers.

Nice one Crip! You sound like you've had a busy day!

Actually everyone here sounds to have been busy :)

Me, hmm I got up at 1pm when hubby woke me (am terrible don't wake up unless he wakes me, last week was terrible as he was on earlies so i didn't wake up till he came home at 3pm!)

Then cycled 13mile round trip.

Did Art therapy wiv my T which was good as been feeling a bit weird and spacey last week so was good to talk and draw about it.

Bought milk and some cakey things as a treat tonite.

Had a shower and washed my hair. (much needed) lol

Watched a programme i recorded on tv box.

Ate my fave Tuna which i always have on a monday after T.

Played a sims game.

Stuck micro meal in microwave for me and hubby (cos not got much else in freezer till we go shopping)

x

I did nothing, it's the best day i've had for ages (till it got a bit spoilt this evening, i'm sure you can guess who did that)

well done to all you productive people xxx

We had chicken Curry :)

I love Indian food. If only my kids liked it I'd be down on 2nd Ave and 6th St. in NYC all the time feasting on it for cheap.

My to-do list today included redesigning a flier, getting final client approvals on that and another flier, finishing a 32-page magazine that I'm glad to be done with, talking with another client and getting approval on the cover of a booklet we've been developing for her, desperately searching stock art sites for an image of happy, headphone-wearing people transcribing happily (stock photography can be depressingly phony), all while slowly starving myself, trying to drop 20 pounds by the end of the year.

Tonight I know my wife is going to make me put up curtains in the dining room. Drill is at the ready, but the spirit is lacking.

I have just had an interview for a teaching position in an FE college teaching mainly psychology but could also be history, politics and/or sociology.

It was done via skype and depsite some technically difficulties I think it went ok. Not 100% confident but I think I answered thier questions well enough. Just got to wait for them to consider and let me know.

SO know I am sipping a glass of wine (early I know but I felt the need) and I am finding, printing and sticking recipies that I want to try into my recipie notebook.

I REALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY want this job :worried_anim:

I've been a mess today, all because of a black shirt!!!! I'm at work right now, and besides being here, I've done nothing. Won't be doing anything when I get home either.

*hugs everyone*

today i slept until about 11, got up feeling sorry for myself as still loaded with cold, stumbled downstairs and curled up on the sofa, dozed for a bit. Started coughing and scared myself stupid as when i removed hands from in front of mouth, was blood all over them. this happened another 4 times, so ended up at the hosp to get checked out. Turns out i've wrecked my throat with all the coughing and that's where the blood is coming from, and i've got a chest infection (another one!) so been given anti-biotics. Still haven't been able to get hold of mum to tell her what's happened, so i've figured screw it, she's gunna ignore me then she can find out what's happened another way, and posted about it on fb. I'm just waiting for her to kick off at me for not contacting her and telling her, now. Eurgh. Not been a good day. I'm sat sipping a lemsip atm and gunna have a deep bubble bath then get into bed for a stupidly early night.

xxx

(((((crippie))))

I hope you start to feel better soon

Today I have done the recycling, Practise my clarinet even though it hurt my teeth (my teeth are falling out) and looked into starting an OU degree in English. Oh and had a long chat with my Mum who helped me make a decision abot my next gig which I don't feel I can do because of my teeth (unable to practice for long peroids of time)

this thread was really triggering for me a few days but it has also given me the kick up the bum I needed to do something with my days so thanks crippie

xxx

got up at a decent time

walked to lidl (about 20-25 mins) stopping off on the way to dump my glass in the bottle bank

bought some food - mixture of healthy and not so healthy meals, but will keep me going for ages

come home and had lunch

hand wrote the answers to my CW3 - will type up during the week, refine and send off by next weekend

recharged my bike light batteries

read some of my kindle book

had a decent tea

now settling down to watch a film...

ok so between yesterday and today i didnt get everything i listed done, but i am pretty damn proud of what i have actually managed to do, will carry the rest of the list over til later date...

Got up, went to pub to watch Man Utd game, ate fish n chips.

Had a little walk around the park, came home, played on the Kinect a bit.

Feeling a bit crap. I hate that I can now do all these things instead of just sitting around doing nothing, yet I still feel like crap.

Up too early with kids took them clothes shopping had a sandwich for lunch when we were out. Came home pretty exhausted, washing and ironing, changed bed covers. About it for today. Tired always tired! Kids were very well behaved though so feel pleased about that. :)

Woke up

Showered

Had breaky

Fed cats

Made coffee for hubby

Cleaned up around the house

Watched Vampire diaries

Took some pics

Changed bedsheets

Had nap

Cleaned some more around the house

Had visitor

More cleaning

Had dinner

Watched Telly

Took my meds

Now Im here

• 2 months later...

bumpedy bumpedy bump bump.

I love you all for sharing. It's great to hear what you all get up to, and although on some days i think "ick. they've done all that, and i've just duvet dived all day!", on other days it helps me feel motivated. xxxxx

Today consisted of - waking up at nana's as i stayed at hers last night. Got up at about half 1 i think. Made the bed and tidied my old room up a little, and got a few more of my bits boxed up ready to bring home.

Had a cuppa and a little chat with nana, put a wash load on, then nipped to mine to feed the cat and sort the litter tray out (Nana only lives a few streets away from me, which is handy) on the way to town.

got a replacement for the faulty ps2 so i can kick L's ass on Spiderman again.

got enough food to see me through until Thursday at least.

got chicken for the mog as he has an upset tummy, so he's eating only boiled chicken atm.

Came home, did something quick to eat, handfed my furbaby (for some strange reason, he won't eat the chicken unless i feed it to him), quick clean up of the kitchen, washed a couple pots, watched Jurassic Park on the tv and dossed about online all evening.

Have just got my pjs and my new Animal (from The Muppets) dressing gown on, about to make another hot chocolate and curl up on the sofa and watch some crap on tv before calling it a night.

what about you??? what have you done??

xxxx

Slept in till noon

Went shopping with hubby was nice,we got some cheap stuff at outlet

came home cleaned some,fell asleep again,woke up had dinner,did dishes,work here,gave myself facial,then shower,wrote in diary,answered emails,now watching Vampire diaries

I can't get into Vampire Diaries, Lily. I wish i could though. So many people seem to enjoy it. I'm more of a True Blood girl. Vamp Diaries made me jump too much! lol. I'm a bit of a sissy haha.

Sounds like you're relaxing, that's good. you deserve it :) xxx

Soooo...

Today I've -

washed a load of pots - i cooked a sort-of roast dinner last night and left 3 pans, 2 roasting trays, 1 baking tray, a jug, a gravy boat, plate, utensils and cutlery to wash today. got all of those out of the way, and had some random mugs and glasses and plates to wash too.

Have cleaned out and scrubbed litter trays, and washed food bowls.

Cleaned bathroom again, and ran the hoover through the downstairs rooms.

Made some more chocolate lava cakes, 4 of which didn't turn out very good :( 2 of which were perfect :) But then went and dropped one of the 2 okay ones on the floor.

Looked like a poo stain on the carpet (as just discussed with Bimo - who the hell carpets a kitchen?!?! Madness. Esp for a clutz like me!). Sat scrubbing that for about half an hour, finally looks okay.

I've phoned for an appt with the counsellor over what happened last week, and have got my file ready for going back to Group Therapy tomorrow afternoon - the first session back after Christmas Break.

I need to clear my dining table. It's a bit of a mess, with stuff all dumped on it and on the chairs. I don't like clutter :( But i don't have the energy to do that just yet.

There is also supposed to be a meeting at L's school tomorrow morning, but apparently it might be getting rescheduled, so going to be ready to go anyway, and just see if i hear any different.

I'm sat down at the moment on here, listening to music, and nomming a choccy lava cake, debating having a small rum and coke.

xxxx

Woke up at 9

went to therapy

did groceries

chatted with neighbour

chatted on phone with mum

cleaned up around house

had nap

did catlitterbox

some work here

filled inmy mooddiary

now watching telly

Got up.....had a wee....lol.

fed cats.

Made a brew, had a fag.

Had some fruit & bowl of porridge.

Tided up my 'tidy' lol..... (The joys of ocd).

Watched sky news for a bit.

Had a poo.

Had a shower, shave & de-louse lol.

Went to start my vol work at cafe.

Did my shift.

Went to sainsburys had a wander round...bought a smelly candle, some vitamins.

Got petrol.

Came home.

Tided up my 'tidy' again.

Lit my new candle.

Sorted some stuff to list on ebay.

Made a brew.

Added to this thread. :)

N.B. .....Tidy up my 'tidy' is me doing my OCD rituals if you know what i mean.

Slept all day as was up all night.

Last night I;

did my nails

watched telly

did work here

had snack

Now Im working,I cleaned,had dinner,did dishes.

((((Cats))))) if okay. So sorry you're struggling. xx

Didn't do much yesterday - tidied up a bit, washed pots, went over to nana's for a late lunch and watched a DVD (watching Sarah Millican's stand up with your nana - not recommended - she's ruder than she is on the telly, and talks about her ladybits. A lot! lol ) cooked a meal, was made to feel worthless, useless and fking horrible, had an earlyish night.

Today, i woke up early for me!! (about half 8), got attacked by the cats as they bounded around the room, and am eating chocolate cake for breakfast to get over the shock. Then the plan is to wash breakfast stuff, quick tidy up, then maybe watch a movie. Nana may be coming round at some point, she'll pretend it's for a cuppa and a chat, but really it's to fuss the mogs.

Woke up at 7, Or rather were woke up by the shrill scream emanating from my daughters milk machine.

Then I took dry laundry off the drying rack, and replaced it with my settee and cushion covers.

Then I watched Final Fantasy- Advent children.

Then I did the washing up with one winged angel stuck in ma head Seph-iiii-Rothhh! Damn when I hum that I feel invisible XD.

Then our family placement worker came up to take my daughter out for a few hours to give me a break.....

Then I came to my mums and was bored. aannnddd Now I'm going to go home and await the return of my other half. and cook dinner >.> Le sigh.

Archived