Mental Health Forums

Card Maker- To Crafters

pepsink

i LOVE to make cards, i find it really soothing, i dont have a lot of money to buy them

at the moment, but when i do i can sit for hours, and apparently people like getting them

im told that theyre good, sometimes i get excallent, sometimes i dont see it,

but i enjoy making them, gives me a sence of achevement and that makes me feel good :D

i also like painting, and colouring i do sometimes like drawing but really not that good,

but sometimes its funny to draw and see what shapes or items can be made out of it :D

i sometimes enjoy jewelery making too, but my mums better than me :D

what is every ones favorite pass time, despite weather you feel your good or not ?

I enjoy making cards as well but my main hobby now is cross stitch which I find very therapeutic and it really helps with my anxiety.

i like cross sticth but havent really learnt well how to do it, i was / am a LUCKY girl in our local pound land there is cross stitch for £1 well obvioulsy lol its pound land im a der,

so i thought aahhh i can practice on that, good idea, :D and i havent waisted money if it goes wrong, :D

i can see why it would help with anxiety and afterwords there is a pretty piece of art work to look back at and go yeah :D i did that :D

There are some photos of my cross stitches that I have done so far in my gallery - I usually do them for other people but I am working on one for me at the moment and it is a ballerina - it is going to be beautiful when I have finished it. I worked out there's over 70,000 stitches in it and I am just over half way through - so it will be a while before I post a photo of this one!!

Oh gosh sorry I forgot - you need to be a sponsor to look at the members gallery.

I'll post them on this thread for you - I'll just go find them ..........

....... this is the first one that I did:

I like crafts, i took up a load of them when i worked in a craft super store for 4 years.

Every time i worked in a different aisle, i'd be like ooh i could do that, by the end of the day!

I do drawing and painting (that mainly started up from my Art Therapy)

Card making i'm doing at the moment since i got my inspiration back.

I tend to have spates of doing cross stitch. (am still doing one from 5yrs ago, as keep having to unpick bits and start again, but it is a big one so thats ok.)

x

And if I ever get to the end of my ballerina one - I'll post a pic of that for you too :) xx

WAW they are amazing i LOVE them i especially like the cat one and the lady in blue WAWEEEE i want them :D lol i wish i could do that, but id mess it up :(

And if I ever get to the end of my ballerina one - I'll post a pic of that for you too :) xx

WAW they are amazing i LOVE them i especially like the cat one and the lady in blue WAWEEEE i want them :D lol i wish i could do that, but id mess it up :(

Thank you :)

If you want to do one - start off with something really simple and just do a bit at a time until you get the hang of it - it's just basically following a pattern xx

i will i will have to probably be a sponcer i tried to post a pic of my jewellery but it wouldnt let me,

i really will soon, may have to be in the new year but hopfully latest june july next year,

i really love them, your really tallented, the lady looks so realistic, her eyes, ive never seen any cross stitch,

capture life in the eyes , thats just brilliant, i LOVE looking at them every time i come to this page, makes me smile,

actually i can seel life in the others too, i went and re looked.

you have real tallent there, its just brilliant and i love looking at them

they really make me feel happy inside, and not much does that,

all i can saw is WAW :D

:D they do, i love to admire peoples tallents, my partner is an amazing drawer and photograpger, and i love his work makes me smile.

i used to love taking pictures till i was told theyre crap as i dont have a camera as expencive as hers, and thats put me off, i rarly take any now,

and it upsets me to think about it,

i have just started a cross stich i drew an out line to help me as other wise i think id fail lol ,i got 3 more from £1 land too so it doesnt matter if i go wrong

i reallllllly enjoy doing it, though iv had a few nots :(

Oh that's brilliant and I'm really pleased that you're enjoying it :)

Yeah the threads do tend to knot sometimes but just try to be patient and tease them out with your needle. xx

Archived