Mental Health Forums

Ho'oponopono

delusionaldolly

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I love you. Thank you."

Hoʻoponopono (ho-o-pono-pono) is an ancient Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness.

It is based on Hew Len's idea of 100% responsibility,taking responsibility for everyone's actions, not only for one's own. If one would take complete responsibility for one's life, then everything one sees, hears, tastes, touches, or in any way experiences would be one's responsibility because it is in one's life. The problem would not be with our external reality, it would be with ourselves. To change our reality, we would have to change ourselves. Total Responsibility, according to Hew Len, advocates that everything exists as a projection from inside the human being.As such, it is similar to the philosophy of solipsism, but differs in that it does not deny the reality of the consciousness of others. Instead, it views all consciousness as part of the whole, so using parts of the idea of holism: any error that a person clears in their own consciousness should be cleared for everyone.

Copied this from Wikipedia. Been learning about this with my counsellor, we call it "Riding the Pony"...just thought some of you may find comfort in this.

You can use it for yourselves, you can use it for specific events or people, or you can use it for the state of the world.

Today I'm riding the pony for a friend who's going through a very hard day, and sending him and those around him apologies for being part of the society that's caused his problem, asking for forgiveness and healing for this situation, love to help heal and thanks for having the opportunity to help heal.

Dolly xx

Yeah Kit, it's really hard to look at people and view them as part of a collective consciousness, especially if those people have wronged you. But to try and look at my own situation and see that what happened to me is a reflection of the way I felt about myself, unworthy, unloveable, rotten, helps me see that although the action may not have been in my control, but the projection of myself manifested itself in that way. So all I can do to heal this is to realise and accept that I was a player on the stage of the incident, and look at how I could have behaved and reacted and portrayed myself differently in the circumstances I found myself in. The hard bit is to recognise that others were only reacting to me, and to themselves and their crap, and so at the bottom of things, we were just messy people creating more mess around each other. We were all to blame, we're all responsible.

Hard, but it's the only thing that's made sense to me!! So plan on riding this pony into the sunset :D

I guess it's kinda like religion - I don't pray to a God to redeem my soul, but ho-oponopono is my prayer to fix the mess this world is in, including my mess :)

Whatever gets you through the night, eh MTM?

Love to you buddy xx

I can't agree with the part about having to accept responsibility in some way for things that happened to us - for many, and I include you in this, we weren't at all responsible, we were victims, and should not have to accept any responsibility for being preyed upon for example.

Long may your loved up state of mind continue though ;) xxx

I respectfully disagree with you my friend, I refuse to be a victim : everything that happens to us, be it good or bad, is in my view an opportunity to change the projection we give to the world.

I'm not saying that you're wrong and I'm right, this is just how I choose to view things. We're all individuals, and we all have our own realities :)

Loved up I am, happy, smiling and feeling gooooooood....passing some of that on!

Love,

Dolly xx

Archived