Mental Health Forums

A Good Day

Riverspell

Though tomorrow I'm going to have a stressful day, and likely the days after it will be the same, I had a reasonably good day today.

I talked my psych on Monday through my step mom's phone and she told me to take the full dose of my Seroquel XR until I see her Wednesday when likely we'd lower me off it and replace it with a new med. Same with the Abilify.

So, with full dose in me, I actually slept a solid 13 hours last night. So thrilled! I didn't even require an additional dose of regular seroquel nor did I fight to sleep. I just plain passed out. No dreams that I remember either, so that made it even better.

I was still rather tired (which I suppose is normal after 2 days with barely any sleep) when I woke up but I went and did a quick shopping trip with my dad before he headed to work ( YES, he has a job now!!!!!!!!!) and grabbed a couple things I needed for a dinner I rapidly planned out at 4 am with my step mom just before she went to work. (I was awake at 4 am for about half a hour, before sleeping again. Went to bed at 12am).

So tonight, just before she got home, I cooked up some fried chicken breast, made some spicy dirty rice to go with it, and some veggies and had a meal all ready for her when she walked in the door. (Normally she doesn't get hot food right when she's home. Normally she waits a hour or so so I wanted to surprise her). To be funny, she asked if there was dessert to. So I just asked what she wanted, and a bit surprised she asked about pudding. I ended up making chocolate pudding as well as the dinner for her and everyone.

I'm now sitting in my room feeling warm and fuzzy inside for accomplishing something today and making others happy.

(Also, if anyone wants homemade chocolate pudding, I can provide a nummy recipe that's been in my mom's family since her great grandma. It's changed a bit to suit the times but it's still delicious and simple to make!)

Archived