Mental Health Forums

Weird Head Sensations

louikins

Hello guys, I've recently joined here to find answers for this recent problem that has occurred before booking an appointment for the doctors.
Basically since I started college which was about 4-5 years ago, I started getting this weird headache on the side of my head every now and then. It feels like somebody is squeezing that spot in particular for a few seconds.
It hasnt really bothered me as much as it does now as it's becoming more often and i'm not sure if it's causing these weird head sensations, where I think about it and it makes me feel pretty loopy, like I'm going to burst with energy for a while or i'm going to pass out. This has only started to happen recently for the past 2 weeks after having a very short cold.
I'm not sure if my sinuses are still blocked, but my ears seem to be a bit blocked.
My balance seems to be okay, bright lights and sunshine doesn't seem to effect me either and I don't usually get headaches, just the specific one I've mentioned which is on the left top side of my head (which never moves).
I'm not worried about anything drastic like a head tumour or something else serious, but it's just getting on my nerves and was wondering if people have been suffering the same thing and what they do to help it. It's also caused me to be a bit panicky in case I do actually have some sort of pass-out or seizure.
I am 21 years old, female and generally healthy. I work part time and I have never passed out in my entire life, nor had nose-bleeds.
Also I have had no history of mental disorders within the family and I haven't had any health issues or concerns. The only thing I am on is Yasmin contraceptive pills and have been since I was 16.
Thank you for reading, I hope I get some answers! :)
Lou x

(((louikins))) Hi and welcome...............I'm sorry for what you are experiencing...............it sounds like you really need to see a doctor about this.................maybe it would be better this way around as we are not professionals and can't diagnose..............Pickles

I will be going to the doctors when I can actually book an appointment (my docs are awkward when it comes to booking. I have to call them at a certain time) but I'm just hoping it's nothing serious.

Welcome.

I would call your surgery and tell them you need to be seen ASAP, When you that you have to call a certain time what is stopping you? (sorry if that sounds Judgemental ) I hope that you will be ok. xxx

Can I just say this is a mental Health forum and not a medical site where this should be posted... As you even say you have no mental health problems??? So why join a site like this and ask??? I just do not understand one bit, It seems very weird to me...

Lou it sounds really worrying but headaches can be caused by all sorts of things. I get lots of headaches but they're at the back of my head near where it joins the neck so it's probably completely different. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, I find it really reassuring to talk to someone who's had the same problems as me. Maybe you could try the NHS symptoms checker? (I would give you the link but I tried just now and lost the whole post but if you google it you'll find it) It's not always accurate bit it might give you some ideas.

Bubbles at my surgery if you want to see someone quickly you have to phone on the day you want to go in and there's only 30 mins a day where you can make these phone calls so maybe that's what Lou means by phoning at a certain time?

I know this is a mental health forum but I have had mental problems in the recent past such as anxiety attacks and stress, I just thought that these things could contribute to my problems.

And yes my doctors are awkward, I must call them at 8:30am or 12:30pm to book an appointment, most of the time the appointments wont be for another 2 weeks. I could also go in in person to book but I'm working a lot so I never have the time.

Thank you for your advice, I will have to book an appointment tomorrow.

I hope you manage to get one Lou. You are right that headaches can be caused by stress and anxiety, even the ones that are actually caused by something else can be made worse by stress. But it might be something completely different like an injury you didn't know you had (it sounds weird but that's happened to me a couple of times with other body parts) or a reaction to lighting/sunlight or being slightly long/short sighted, there are so many possibilities. I wish I could have helped more but if I said "yes it's just stress, ignore it and it will go away" and it turned out to be something else it might get worse and that would kind of be my fault. I hope the doctor is helpful.

Archived