Mental Health Forums

Non Existent Referral.

x-Bliss-x

So I saw my consultant back in February and he said he was sending me for a referral to see the ED consultant again who I saw a few years back possibly for an assessment and to see if they could help support me a bit more as I was struggling to maintain/gain any weight after losing quite a bit over the last 6 months. I should add though that I was not weighed so no stats would have been sent with this referral.

However even though this was supposed to be sent after my appointment. I phoned the reception after a month (March) as I hadn't heard anything. She told me that the letter hadn't even been typed up yet but she would ask her to fast track it as I'd been waiting for a while now.

Going into MAY!...still nothing. I phoned again. I was told the letter was sent end of March (probably after I phoned) and that they must be waiting for a referral letter to be sent. (A what!? That's what was supposed to have been sent in the first place!) She said she would speak to my consultant and try and find out what stage we were at and would call be back once she'd had a chance to speak to him.

Today's date: 21st June.... still nothing.

ARGH!

And now I'm due to start full time work on Monday. I'm not going to have the time to get all this sorted now! So if I am EVER sent for this stupid referral, I'm now going to have to try and squeeze it around my work schedule or ask for a day off to go and see them. It should not have taken this long!

Hi

I'm sorry this has happened.. it does sound very frustrating. Really hope you hear from them soon and that things go well

Hope work went ok today

xx

Archived