Mental Health Forums

hello new here with eubpd

starzm84

hello I'm new here. I'm 31 from south Yorkshire in the UK. ive been diagnosed with emotionally unstable borderline personality disorder. Depression and Anxiety. Also possible ptsd but not yet diagnosed. Also self harm. Not really sure how to introduce myself. I just started DBT group therapy on Wednesday. and I have had 2 years CBT therapy. I am looking for support and friends as my family don't understand.

Welcome Starzm84, This place is pretty queit these days, But we do get the odd members still coming on and offering support when they feel able to... So if you post and do not get replies straight the way, Do not worry its just very quiet... I hope you do find this place helpful for yourself...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Starzm84,

Welcome to the forums. I am from West Yorkshire and also have the same diagnosis. It can be quite lonely and isolating when people around you don't understand what you are going through. Hopefully these forums might help with that?

Have you looked at your local Mind charity? They might have support groups that you may be able to attend as well for extra support.

If you ever want to talk then feel free to message me.

Take care

Sheeba

• 2 weeks later...

This is my dx as well and despite the quiet boards, I do want to offer my support and hopefully understanding to a very painful illness many of us here suffer from. I know our highs are higher than most and all our emotions too intense to feel all the time, but I know how it all ebbs and flows from one thing into the next each day or every few days. Welcome to the forums (((hugs))).

Archived