Mental Health Forums

Psychosis

ArtMatters

I've been away for quite awhile. I had a bit of a mental breakdown this past year and a bit. I got diagnosed with Psychosis. When I was really sick with it and didn't know what was going on yet I had a lot of crazy beliefs. I said some mean things to an aquaintance because his voice was in my head saying awful stuff. I know now that he wasn't the one saying anything to me, and I still said those mean things to him. I don't think he'll ever forgive me and I don't know how to forgive myself. I can't talk to him about it anymore cuz I think I'd just upset him by contacting him to bring it up. I'm crying over it still and I can't move on....so just wondering how can I move on?

I'd suggest sending an email or letter explaining fully how sorry you are and, perhaps, being open about what was going on in your head at the time. After all, this is what caused you to have the outburst.

Whatever happens, good luck :)

Kim

I am wondering if you feel better for it, I am wondering about a situation with a friend of mine and I don't know if sending a letter will help or just walk away and not look back.

Archived