Mental Health Forums

Hey

toaster

Just popped by to say hello.  I sometimes sneak on and have a read of posts and blogs, just to see how people are getting on :)

Things are good here.  I had quite a serious bout of depression last year, which almost fucked up my degree.  I'm feeling much better now - i have a care coordinator who is lovely, I attend DBT (which is good in a sense I'm around people - I don't particularly like the DBT programme itself) and I'm on meds.

My Masters is going very well - I've made lots of friends and I've just got my first distinction on an assignment as a Masters student!  

I'm now actively counselling!  On my first session, I had this mad moment of, 'how the fuck did this happen?!' haha.  It felt very surreal but also amazing.

We will be moving soon - not far, just somewhere we can afford.  I'm starting to appreciate just how skewed the benefits system is, so much so, it's really rattling me.  Both of us on benefits, we can afford this house.  I'm doing permitted work, hopefully to come off benefit altogether in the not too distant future and Pie has just been offered a nursing job!  This means we will lose housing benefit and council tax relief - even though I am a student, I only do 4 hours a week so I no longer qualify.  So we need to move!  It's so backward!  I asked the benefit people, ages ago, to move me into the work related group (I'm in the support group) and they said no!  

Enough of that!  I am working in the uni as a note taker at the moment; I hope to become a student mentor as well this coming September.  I want to work for the NHS but it's difficult whilst I'm yet to drive (costs so much!).

Finally, I'm off to Australia in 6 weeks to see my 6 foot 4, size 13 shoe son!  He's not great to be honest.  He's depressed and lost all zest.  He's seeing a psychologist and will be assessed by a psychiatrist.  I feel so fucking guilty - I screwed up his start in life and there's crazy genes throughout my entire family.  I can't bear to think of him suffering, it physically hurts me.  I'm hoping to speak to his psychologist when  am out there to give them an honest overview of his start in life, as well as the family history.  It'll be hard but if it helps Dylan...love that boy so much.

Anyway, that's about it.  Hope all is well with you guys

Toasted one xxx

Hey toast. Hope ur doing ok? So nice to hear of ur success. It has been a privilege in all the years i have known u to be able to follow ur journey   U are doing amazing!!! Much love x

Awwww thank you so much tray!

I think back to when I joined and it is quite a difference I guess haha

How are you? 

Archived