Mental Health Forums

BPD TREATMENT

Alice234

Hello! 

I have been looking into treatment for my partner who has been diagnosed with BPD. We want to take a residential/inpatient route, as he has been struggling with acute treatment services through the NHS for quite a while. I have been wondering if anyone has any experience with private mental health companies (e.g., Priory, Cygnet) and therapeutic communities, and if so - which ones would you recommend? It seems there are a lot of options, but I am not sure which ones to trust and what step to take!

Thanks

Hi guys. I’m trying the same thing right now and was advised to red the real reviews first before signing up to help. I think the residential thing sounds good but in hindsight yes you man might feel good going there and the change of scenery and soft non aggressive people will make him feel safe. But he still has to come back home again to reality and all the things around him that may cause issues.  If you’d wouldn’t mind telling me a bit about his case I’d be in a better position to help. Only if you’d want advice from a long standing sufferer and I’ve been through all the channels regarding failed bpd help. Best wishes Scott Wright 

Archived