Mental Health Forums

What Are You Doing For Christmas

christina

am having a traditional christmas dinner - don't ask me how it works as i hate:- turkey, cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts, xmas pudding, xmas cake and stuffing

But i like the rest like:- parsnips, roast potatoes, carrot and swede mashed, all the sweets and chocolates.

Well christina thats 4 portions of veg so not that unhealthy

I am staying at home with hubby and havin a very traditional christmas.. hubby is a pagan so we also celebrate Yule which is 23rd of december and I always get a pressie for yule so i make christmas last.

We don't have a tree yet but when we do it will be silver and lillac

so many houses round here are decorated so OTT with lights outside..i just don't get it I would worry about my lecky bill if I did that..and I also want to see the decorations I have bought not show them off to the world

Mrs Tree

what am i doing for xmas !

well i am defiantly not staying with my family ( if i have to call them that i have a few better names )

my friends are all leaving the area to visit family so i guess i aint spending it with them

my gf hasnt told her family we are an item so guess not be staying there

so me and me rabbit will be home alone with no xmas tree or decoarations and deafiantly no xmas dinner if it wasnt for the rabbit i would quite happly take a few pills and sleep through the whole thing

i guess i will think about my grandad who i cant be with yet and think of how poohmy family are

then i will proberly get drunk and cry and feel god damn sorry for myself

Lovely tree! I'm not doing Xmas but have been invited to lunch with a jewish friend's family. Did the my family all together thing once (like lifetrap) a few years ago and it was absolute disaster. My sister was doing the happy families pretence and we all accidentally went along with it. My dad behaved like total twat he always was and it reminded everyone why we don't do it normally. Never ever again. Before I got ill I used to travel every winter, either beach hols or skiing. Those were the days - best ever day spent on beach on tiny island in south pacific. Not religious and don't even believe in it anyway, its totally commercial as Ffox says.

Respect and best wishes to those who are participating anyhow.

We bought our tree yesterday.... We bought a potted one from homebase that can be planted out after xmas save destroying the enviorment.. We are going to decorate on Sunday

:D Mrs Tree

For me it's Chanukkah and I will be on my own with a bottle of Baileys, my two doggies to cuddle and I will go and visit my horse, watch cheesy films (hopefully a James Bond), chat on the net and eat too much chocolate.

Swan - where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

• 1 year later...

*** MAY BE AWFULLY TRIGGERING ***

I will spend Xmas Eve with my husband faking that I luuuuuuv Xmas, then on the 25th: REUNION WITH THE IN-LAWS, there are zillions of loud brats bugging around and after the reading of the Bible (no kidding) the aforementioned brats show their (not) progress with their musical instruments. So it's about 45 minutes listening to bad played fiddle, flute, piano. Then come the Himn singing (puke), and then the presents.

Last year I got chocolates (I don't eat chocolate, AND THEY KNOW IT) and a movie in French, which I don't speak, with German subtitles, which I don't speak neither.

There is no dinner, and the first year I had the stupid idea of bringing a cake; when they asked me why a cake I said: "well, it's Jesus' birthday, right?" Now they made the tradition of ACTUALLY SINGING HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JESUS. It makes me want to be sedated in a hospital.

Oh, and they chit-chat in Swiss dialect, not even bothering to speak to me in English or at least High German.

I really miss when I stayed in my flat in Argentina, alone with a bottle of champagne and a stack of sandwiches watching the fireworks from my 8th floor, enjoying the summer night.

Gosh, right now I don't know why the f*** I accepted to move here.

for the first year ever my husband and I are spending Christmas on our own in our own house and cooking our own meal and opening our in presents in our own time

we will also go to our own church

we are going to My mum and Dad's on Thursday till Saturday and we are seeing his family from boxing day

next dilema is what to do for hogmanay - that is hubby's Birthday you see

Jay

I am stopping at home for christmas day with my daughter and hubby then going to my parents for boxing day and then to the inlaws on the wed and staying overnight then on the friday it is my daughters 4th birthday and she is having a party lots of screaming children :( I just hope that I will somehow get through it. I always feel it is a big exciting lead up to well nothing all that good.

Hope everyone has a reasonable christmas

crying, i hate xmas :(

Bah humbug to that, Josh, I'm wishing it was January already.

I'm doing the poor relation bit with family. I don't seem to have a choice, they all sulk for years if I object.

strat

This is my first Christmas in 8 years with an ounce of stability to it and I was out of work for the last 3...nothing like trying to find Christmas spirit when you're worried about becoming homeless.

It will be me, my daughter and my ex-husband at home for Christmas and I'm really looking forward to it. My daughter is asking questions and it could be the last year that she believes in Father Christmas!

christmas, i can't believe that it's crept up on me so quickly.

we will be having a traditional christmas dinner as usual but reading one of the other posts, it does occur to me that i would much rather have a nice joint of beef, (though we have that most sunday's.)

we have my parents coming for christmas day and then julies tribe for boxing day. iv'e suggested that the kids invite some friends over on xmas day evening for a bit of a party. feels a bit selfish but i would rather that they were at our house.

i'm feeling really pleased with myself as iv'e baked a christmas cake. this is the first cake that i've EVER baked so fingers crossed. if it tastes a good as the mixture that i licked out of the bowl then i will be well pleased.

i can't say that i'm realy looking forward to christmas and i'm sure that some of you are dreading it, but just think, we can't stop it from happening so i pray that it's not too bad for any of you

love and light to you all

lloydy

Hey Lloydy...we started having a rib roast 2 Christmases ago because my ex preferred it...so now we have rib of beef and token gesture turkey!

Archived